Pig Fishing spots in the Shoalhaven

cheap charlie

Any members able to recommend any pig fishing spots on the South Coast that produces. Not long got into chasing blackies from the rocks, very keen to get amongst some pigs if any one can assist?

where ever you find Black fish you will find Drummer, best time is late evenings, burly and use banana prawns :thumbup:

Try Crookhaven head.

walk in around the north side then all the way around until your looking south. There is a bommie on that corner of the rock platform.

Careful here pigs asually fish best in the crappiest weather and the best time to fish this is when there is a small southerly swell. However like always when your rock fishing never take your eye of the water be aware of the big stray wave set that will come.

Dont fish alone and be safe. No fish is worth injury.

I got the second place record and the first reported pig on a lure at bannisters point!

Chartuese Gulp swimming mullet.

The bugger scoffed it big time! :thumbup:

Cheers

Chris

Nice work, which side of banisters Point? Bay / beach side below the resort or out on the headland looking straight out to sea?

i live at st georges basin.great spot near me is stony creek in a big swell,200m south of there(as far as u can walk before its impossible)is one hell of a good pig spot.plenty of cunji to be had at low tide.never seen anyone else fish it before,thats why i love the south coast

i live at st georges basin.great spot near me is stony creek in a big swell,200m south of there(as far as u can walk before its impossible)is one hell of a good pig spot.plenty of cunji to be had at low tide.never seen anyone else fish it before,thats why i love the south coast

Sounds like we are in for some decent swell in the next week. definitely want to check this spot out. By stoney creek do you mean stoney creek road in JB national park?

Not sure what its called but its the beach just south of depot beach, if you go to the end of it so the direction of depot beach you see some rocks, keep goin until its like a kinda flat platform, theres heaps of green cabbage, weed jjust growing there so just cast it in lightly weighted and youll be sure to get a few, them drummer fight fairly good for their size,

Hope this helps