yamaha crack

adzzy

Hi Raiders

Can anyone recommend something or way to fix the crack in the gear box case? the crack is about 20mm shy of the gears post-9009-026101400 1304901268_thumb.jpg

it was bogged before i purchased it but as you can see this is coming off, i have owned it now for 2 years with no issues

can anyone see a potential problem if this piece was to fall off the casing?

Cheers

Adzzy

i would lean to getting new ,2nd hand lower case,or if you want to fill it you could try using mega poxy pm or pf ,it can be sanded after filling .if i was you i would check your gear box oil for milky colour (water entry).and go from there.

Good luck finding another case mate,, same problem happened with with me, called every wrecker on the east coast with no luck...

It is a very common problem with the yamaha 90hp..

Decided to take it to the local welder who grinded the crack and welded it, cost me $50..Mine was just a straight line crack about 10cm..

As long as the crack doesn't go too far back to the actual gearbox sump, then you should be right by welding it whilst the case is on the engine...

Good luck finding another case mate,, same problem happened with with me, called every wrecker on the east coast with no luck...

It is a very common problem with the yamaha 90hp..

Decided to take it to the local welder who grinded the crack and welded it, cost me $50..Mine was just a straight line crack about 10cm..

As long as the crack doesn't go too far back to the actual gearbox sump, then you should be right by welding it whilst the case is on the engine...

Good guess Rumz it is actually on a Yamaha 70hp but i have been told these are very common i think the motor is about an 88 model

There is no water in the gearbox at all and i think it is about 20mm shy of the gearbox i have also looked every where for a lower case and have even gone as far a Queensland but with no luck

Cheers

Adzzy

Good guess Rumz it is actually on a Yamaha 70hp but i have been told these are very common i think the motor is about an 88 model

There is no water in the gearbox at all and i think it is about 20mm shy of the gearbox i have also looked every where for a lower case and have even gone as far a Queensland but with no luck

Cheers

Adzzy

I thought it was a yamaha, 70, 80 & 90hp have the same gearbox case, this is the same from 1987 to 2002 models...

• 3 months later...