Legal camping on hawkesbury system

martoiscool

Hey raiders,

Where can you legally camp on the lower hawkesbury, down river from Brooklyn bridge,??? I've been told you can camp on any beach that isn't sign posted as no camping, But being a national park I'm not sure.. I know there is a proper camping ground at Patonga but Im a tight ar$e and don't want to pay any camping fees!!! Plus being at a beach that only can be accessed by boat would mean I might have the beach to myself.

If there arent any spots down river of the bridge, where are there spots up river??

Cheers guys

Hey raiders,

Where can you legally camp on the lower hawkesbury, down river from Brooklyn bridge,??? I've been told you can camp on any beach that isn't sign posted as no camping, But being a national park I'm not sure.. I know there is a proper camping ground at Patonga but Im a tight ar$e and don't want to pay any camping fees!!! Plus being at a beach that only can be accessed by boat would mean I might have the beach to myself.

If there arent any spots down river of the bridge, where are there spots up river??

Cheers guys

At the basin in Pittwater but just around the corner from Hawkesbury is good.

Gentleman's Halt which is opposite Bar Point is a good camping ground, completely legal etc.

Matt

The Basin is in the Kuringai National Park and camping fees DO apply.

Site is manned permanently by resident Ranger.

Overnight camping fees with NPWS are only $17 per adult. How much of a tight-arse do you want to be, what, with showers, toilets and free barbecue facilities provided??

Tuffy

Tuffy,

Haha I should have made myself more clear!! 17$ is more than reasonable!! But I like camping without all those Luxery items. Just my boat, swag, camp fire and esky is all I need. I like ruffing it. That's why I was asking about the beaches that are/aren't signposted. I'm sure I can stay on beaches dont say I can't!!

• 5 years later...