Port Hacking

Yowie

Fished early Friday morning, but could not post a reply until today due to not being able to access this website. My computer kept indicating the "website does not exist".

Fished the deep off Lilli Pilli, not much wind but it was a bit cool. Surprisingly, I did not see another boat on the water.

Caught 3 jewies, just over the size limit, but 2 of them swallowed large baits on ganged hooks, and their stomachs and gills were damaged, so I kept them rather than throw them back to slowly die. The 3rd one was only just hooked, so he was released.

Also pulled out a 55cm flattie, 2 legal reddies, a just legal trevally, a salmon and a rat kingie. The salmon and kingie again were caught on hand lines, more finger burning fun. Once the sun was up, the fish stopped biting, so I headed for home.

Usually I catch a few reddies up to 40cm or bigger in the Port, but this year they have not been much above the size limit. Has anyone been able to catch the bigger sizes this year?

Yowie.

Fished early Friday morning, but could not post a reply until today due to not being able to access this website. My computer kept indicating the "website does not exist".

Fished the deep off Lilli Pilli, not much wind but it was a bit cool. Surprisingly, I did not see another boat on the water.

Caught 3 jewies, just over the size limit, but 2 of them swallowed large baits on ganged hooks, and their stomachs and gills were damaged, so I kept them rather than throw them back to slowly die. The 3rd one was only just hooked, so he was released.

Also pulled out a 55cm flattie, 2 legal reddies, a just legal trevally, a salmon and a rat kingie. The salmon and kingie again were caught on hand lines, more finger burning fun. Once the sun was up, the fish stopped biting, so I headed for home.

Usually I catch a few reddies up to 40cm or bigger in the Port, but this year they have not been much above the size limit. Has anyone been able to catch the bigger sizes this year?

Yowie.

Well done yowie on catching a nice feed,sure is cold at the moment and the bloody wind goes right through you :frozen: .

Just curious did you catch the jew on bottom or mid water , hopefully will be out this week if the wind stays away :thumbup:

chris

Well done yowie on catching a nice feed,sure is cold at the moment and the bloody wind goes right through you :frozen: .

Just curious did you catch the jew on bottom or mid water , hopefully will be out this week if the wind stays away :thumbup:

chris

Baits sitting on the bottom. The salmon and kingie took sinking baits.

hey yowie great work mate... what bait were you using?

Pilchards, squid strips, salted bonito. Only caught 1 yellowtail which I cut into fillets, the salmon and kingie took those as they sank, no sinker used, just throw the bait out and let it sink.

Hmm I was out there with a friend on sat we started at about 9:15am we fished a deep hole off Lilli Pilli for heapss of under size reds! And we got a few nice tailor and then hit the flats for 2 nice blue swimmers but was really quite for there... I have heard a day time jewy there is not uncommon

Hmm I was out there with a friend on sat we started at about 9:15am we fished a deep hole off Lilli Pilli for heapss of under size reds! And we got a few nice tailor and then hit the flats for 2 nice blue swimmers but was really quite for there... I have heard a day time jewy there is not uncommon

That hole off Lilli Pilli is probably the deepest part of Port Hacking, have fished there before for nothing much, so I do not fish in it at all. Jewies sometimes bite during daylight, though I target other fish once the sun is up.