not happpy jan

lowrid3r

Hi guys

man im a lil emotional but i thought ill let yous no hahahahhaha

i was out in the bay kicking back relaxin waitin for mr jew

2 rods out wid live taylor. One rod was rigged up with a saltiga-z 6000gt

60pound daiwa braid n a taylor which was about 45cm the other banax sx 4000

80 pound braid n a small taylor. Excacly 2:23am i was callin it quits..

as i got up ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Saltiga SCREAMSSSSS stops after 40 sec

rod bounces then ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ I WAS ONNNNNNNNNN man

head shakes n alll n the WEIGHTTT i could not get line bak off this fellla. I get about 3m he take n takes

till eventually i got spooled 300m im still shaking im gob smacked..... not even 30sec LATER

the other rod goes off n meh only 7kg grrr... Betta then nothing thoughh.. Guys theres sum massive jew out

n about the runways... Well thats my story hahahahha i wont be able 2 sleep 2day.... Ill upload a pic of the

7kg later im soooo upset......

I know that feeling mate. Those big Jew go very hard and a lot can go wrong.

I have missed the whole Jew season this year and its been torture. I am working on the roof of a skyscraper in north sydney looking at the whole harbour. Was going today if possible but no back to site for me.

Good luck mate and don't kick yourself as you did it all right. Ps after a smoking like that I am literally shaking from the rush. Gotta love that.

Mike

I am inclined towards shark too there. With the gear you had, I reckon you would have turned it or he would have stopped that first run buggered, to try to shake the hooks loose. But as Poseidon said, we'll never know.

It's a haunting feeling though and enough to drive you a bit mad for a while. Congrats on the consolation prize, which ordinarily, you'd have been happy with I bet!

I am inclined towards shark too there. With the gear you had, I reckon you would have turned it or he would have stopped that first run buggered, to try to shake the hooks loose. But as Poseidon said, we'll never know.

It's a haunting feeling though and enough to drive you a bit mad for a while. Congrats on the consolation prize, which ordinarily, you'd have been happy with I bet!

i agree it wasnt a jew

Caught some big jew in my life nothing has ever taken more than 100m and considering the gear you were using it had to be a shark or something possibly a very big kingy

I know it burns, I pulled the hooks on I suspect a 15-25kg jew about a month ago, fishing 7 inch jerk shads I got whacked and the run was unstoppable, then the fish stops, BIG headshakes and then I pulled the hook. I had the fish on for about a minute, even had the net between my legs ready, then lost it..... still haven't got over it properly.

Mick

Damn! I should have come out last night ;)

At least you have your mojo back, I can imagine your disappointment but don't worry. Jewfish 2 vs Lowrid3r 2 for the month of May.

I bet that jew had a nice cold beer after escaping you. Here is a photo i took of the jew afterwards.

post-3761-060504400 1305844285_thumb.jpg

Damn! I should have come out last night ;)

At least you have your mojo back, I can imagine your disappointment but don't worry. Jewfish 2 vs Lowrid3r 2 for the month of May.

I bet that jew had a nice cold beer after escaping you. Here is a photo i took of the jew afterwards.

Bro hes prob dead lolll it happnd to my dad last time.. They found it floatin past the next day lolll so who evers in the bay look out for a floatin jew hahahah

I know that feeling mate. Those big Jew go very hard and a lot can go wrong.

I have missed the whole Jew season this year and its been torture. I am working on the roof of a skyscraper in north sydney looking at the whole harbour. Was going today if possible but no back to site for me.

Good luck mate and don't kick yourself as you did it all right. Ps after a smoking like that I am literally shaking from the rush. Gotta love that.

Mike

Loll that rush is awesome ay! Damn well bro its not to late this is when the massive ones start biting so dnt worry u got a few months still matey :)

I know it burns, I pulled the hooks on I suspect a 15-25kg jew about a month ago, fishing 7 inch jerk shads I got whacked and the run was unstoppable, then the fish stops, BIG headshakes and then I pulled the hook. I had the fish on for about a minute, even had the net between my legs ready, then lost it..... still haven't got over it properly.

Mick

Noooo wayyyyyyyyy DAMNN IT HURTS AY! Man i hate fishing strong currents coz its harder 2 turn the fish but what can ya do

u get some n u lose some hahahha i hope u land a massive one bro make sure u post it :)

Sounds like a shark to me lowrid3r.. even big jew will tire after a couple hundred meters.

Buuuuuuuuuut we'll never really know huh :biggrin2:

JG

Lolll i doubt shark! I think it only won coz of the strong current otherwise i reckon i would of got it!

but like u said i guess youl neva know lolll it burns..

i agree it wasnt a jew

Caught some big jew in my life nothing has ever taken more than 100m and considering the gear you were using it had to be a shark or something possibly a very big kingy

What do you consider big hahahahah every1 has a diff outlook on jew.. Iv seen people catch 10 to 15kg jew n reckon its a giant lolll

i caught a 27kg 2 weeks ago n man the first run took at least 200m but i guess it depends on your gear! But i guess wel never really know

where abouts do you fish?

post-15750-070378100 1305863918_thumb.jpg

post-15750-039928200 1305863938_thumb.jpg

If your fishing out of a boat its a good idea to tie a 5litre engine oil container (empty of course) to the end of your anchor rope this is what we do so when we hook up to a good fish we just quickly undo the tie off and throw the drum and anchor rope over, and take of after the fish once we have landed the fish we go back to get our floating rope and tie back up....

Tight Lines All

Ange

Hi guys

man im a lil emotional but i thought ill let yous no hahahahhaha

i was out in the bay kicking back relaxin waitin for mr jew

2 rods out wid live taylor. One rod was rigged up with a saltiga-z 6000gt

60pound daiwa braid n a taylor which was about 45cm the other banax sx 4000

80 pound braid n a small taylor. Excacly 2:23am i was callin it quits..

as i got up ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Saltiga SCREAMSSSSS stops after 40 sec

rod bounces then ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ I WAS ONNNNNNNNNN man

head shakes n alll n the WEIGHTTT i could not get line bak off this fellla. I get about 3m he take n takes

till eventually i got spooled 300m im still shaking im gob smacked..... not even 30sec LATER

the other rod goes off n meh only 7kg grrr... Betta then nothing thoughh.. Guys theres sum massive jew out

n about the runways... Well thats my story hahahahha i wont be able 2 sleep 2day.... Ill upload a pic of the

7kg later im soooo upset......

Fished the runway couple of years back using large livebait there are some monster jew along that runway,especially in close at the high tide change.I,ve never been spooled though but i was dragged around in the tinny,great fun.

Hope you get that 30+ kg jew on your next outing :thumbup:

If you were using wire or a circle hOok I'd say shark but I'm nearly betting u weren't so it wasn't a shark mate, u hooked a giant... That's all there is to say... If it was a shark it was ancient and toothless not to bite you off On a big livie....

Sounds like a shark to me lowrid3r.. even big jew will tire after a couple hundred meters.

Buuuuuuuuuut we'll never really know huh :biggrin2:

JG

I agree ive never had a jew to 30kgs take more then 50m on 50lb

On the gear you were using it would take a huge ray or a big shark

to do you over landbased.

No need to be upset of the 7kg jew though.

Looking forward to the pic...good catch be happy

Edited by OUTFISHER

nice jew mate

I caught my pj jew 38KG at the end of the run way a while ago now n it did the exact same thing but i managed to get my cousin to bring up anchor and reverse back on it before it took the entire spool of line off my shimano baitrunner 6500 with 50lb braid.

There are some massive jew around there.

Thanks for the report

good stuff mate, atleast you still got one. Better than going home empty handed, as i did yesterday after fishing the hacking. Im convinced the Hacking just doesnt produce. Nowhere near as good as the Bay & right up the Georges anyway.

What sort of rig were you using & what weight did you need in the strong current??

Edited by Tangles