Landbased jew

johnny doi

Hi guys jus a quik post.been fishn the parra for jew a bit in the last mth & hav got probly a dozen in 5 outings.fishn landbased at nite using live yakkas has bn producing the goods.no big jew,biggest went 81cm,but all the rest hav bn between 62-75cms.last sesh was friday nite wif nathan,aka beginner.1st stop was to get yakkas at a nearby wharf.there was a 60cm jew landed & gaffed by sum young fisho wen collectn our baits.got a dozen & went to our spot.we sent our livies & waited.nath had a good run but it droppd it.brang it in to check it & the teeth marks on the now halfdead yakka indicated jew,no doubt about it.was getn cold so i decided to flick a plastic to try get warm.bang,2nd cast i land a 65cm schoolie.nothn else aftr that so calld it a nite at 2am cos it was getn mighty cold.thanx for takn me out again nath,champion. Cheers johnny.

That pic was frm 2wks ago.2 70cm models taken on live yakkas.this is the 65cm jew taken on friday nite on plastic,6lb braid & leader.good fun on the lite stuff. Cheers johnny

post-11520-1270_thumb.jpg

post-11520-45210_thumb.jpg

post-11520-35790_thumb.jpg

Anytime Johnny,

The only problem is I seem to be taking people out and they catch the fish hahahahaha

I have not got a landbased jewwie for a while now but Know that I am not far off definately cut-up about the hit and miss would have been a decent size fish or had a decent appetite either way ill keep at it and it has to happen sooner rather than later if I get real desperate ill use the boat but atm trying to avoid it cause of the cold...

This weekend im going to try bring dean along try get him onto one aswell ill let you know before sat.

Regards,

Nathan

Hi guys jus a quik post.been fishn the parra for jew a bit in the last mth & hav got probly a dozen in 5 outings.fishn landbased at nite using live yakkas has bn producing the goods.no big jew,biggest went 81cm,but all the rest hav bn between 62-75cms.last sesh was friday nite wif nathan,aka beginner.1st stop was to get yakkas at a nearby wharf.there was a 60cm jew landed & gaffed by sum young fisho wen collectn our baits.got a dozen & went to our spot.we sent our livies & waited.nath had a good run but it droppd it.brang it in to check it & the teeth marks on the now halfdead yakka indicated jew,no doubt about it.was getn cold so i decided to flick a plastic to try get warm.bang,2nd cast i land a 65cm schoolie.nothn else aftr that so calld it a nite at 2am cos it was getn mighty cold.thanx for takn me out again nath,champion. Cheers johnny.

That pic was frm 2wks ago.2 70cm models taken on live yakkas.this is the 65cm jew taken on friday nite on plastic,6lb braid & leader.good fun on the lite stuff. Cheers johnny

Hey Johnny,

Nice catch!

Do you mind if I come along next time?

I haven't had much luck with jewies receantly.

Cheers

Nice work mate ..what plastics do you use for Jews mate?if you dont mind me asking ...

its funny i hav got jew on a wide range of plastics frm wrigglers,shads,fish,flickbaits,slickrigs in the squidgy range.in gulps,the pogys,gobys,swimming mullet in 3-4in.also minnows & jerkshads in 5-7in.but my fav jew plastic is no doubt squidgy fish silver fox in 70-100mm.great allround s.p & get great bycatch in big bream & flattys.tsunami & storm 3 & 4in shads r also good lures.but a good tip is to use a s.p wif more action in dirty water or at nite.paddle tails r best in those conditions.hope ths helps u & good luck. Cheers johnny

Hey Johnny,

Nice catch!

Do you mind if I come along next time?

I haven't had much luck with jewies receantly.

Cheers

mate i dont drive atm so if u dnt mind pikn me up frm fairfield,im more than happy to help u get sum jew if i can.pm me if u dnt mind pikn me up & we can swap numbers & organise a sesh. Cheers johnny

nice work johnny! couple of nice fish there. I usually just use squid at my spot but after reading your report maybe I should go to the trouble of getting some livies also.

you had me stumped for a couple of hours when you sent me that photo because i couldnt see it clear enough to work out who it was! I eventually figured it out.

well done.

pete.

its funny i hav got jew on a wide range of plastics frm wrigglers,shads,fish,flickbaits,slickrigs in the squidgy range.in gulps,the pogys,gobys,swimming mullet in 3-4in.also minnows & jerkshads in 5-7in.but my fav jew plastic is no doubt squidgy fish silver fox in 70-100mm.great allround s.p & get great bycatch in big bream & flattys.tsunami & storm 3 & 4in shads r also good lures.but a good tip is to use a s.p wif more action in dirty water or at nite.paddle tails r best in those conditions.hope ths helps u & good luck. Cheers johnny

thanks mate,yeah thats heaps of info ...cheers mate hopefully i can get one soon

well done johnny there are some good fish to be had if you brave the cold and have quality baits out or are just good with plastics :1fishing1:

johnny what plastic outfit are you running?

and nathan if you haven't bagged a jew by the end of the weekend your next jew is gonna be a cracker :1yikes:

well done again fellas

cheers mick