How big is this yellowfin?

Hi guys,

It was a mixed weekend with us having a terrible day on Sunday out wide with to much current and a 3 hour trip home into that nor-wester that was chugging nicely out wide. However Saturday saw us boat a big fin.

It was great to have Ben and the boys on board and for Kieran & Shane to fight that fish the way they did as first time yellowfin anglers it was an awesome effort - they soon learnt how much hurt a big fin can put on you.

Anyway here is a picture of the fish - interested to see what people think. I have an accurate fork to jaw measurement and have been able to compare it to quite a few fin that have been measured and put on the scales by us and others.

How big boys????

post-6936-057297700 1309729130_thumb.jpg

Cheers Damo

Edited by Reef Magic Charters

Hi guys,

It was a mixed weekend with us having a terrible day on Sunday out wide with to much current and a 3 hour trip home into that nor-wester that was chugging nicely out wide. However Saturday saw us boat a big fin.

It was great to have Ben and the boys on board and for Kieran & Shane to fight that fish the way they did as first time yellowfin anglers it was an awesome effort - they soon learnt how much hurt a big fin can put on you.

Anyway here is a picture of the fish - interested to see what people think. I have an accurate fork to jaw measurement and have been able to compare it to quite a few fin that have been measured and put on the scales by us and others.

How big boys????

post-6936-057297700 1309729130_thumb.jpg

I reckon 72kgs

Cheers Damo

Good fish Reel Buzz good to see more big models this year it has been a while since this many over 50 have been caught consistently. It is great to see some fantastic photos

The measurements of our fish were 1540mm from fork and 1790 mm overall. The biggest we put on the scales last year was 1452mm from fork and went 64kg. Looking at the charts with weight/length and looking at other years fish we would put it at 70kg give or take 2kg. Bigfella & Rabs were spot on i think.

Thanks for the replys... hopefully this weather settles down and we all get a chance to get back out there and get back into them. Good luck....

Cheers

Mike

Edited by Reef Magic Charters