awesome bycatch

tentonner

Gday raiders, headed out on the harbour this morning chasing squid. After about half an hour of trying I sent out a cast out and a couple of jigs and bang line starts stripping off the reel. The drag is set super light to avoid jigs getting ripped out of squid and this thing is really running, didn't want to touch the drag so let it run, thought I was on to the mother of all squid when I see a flash of silver in the water, eventually get the thing to the boat and Lo and behold up comes a 37 cm bream. Was absolutely stoked, struggled on the squid but the bream made up for it. Was my new pb on a lure haha. Pics to come when I get home. Cheers guys

Good stuff. You never know with the squid jigs. I was at JB a couple of weeks ago and caught a hairtail on a squid jig but couldn't manage to boat it. The squid jig was a little worst for wear. So you never know what will hit your jig.

Great bycatch, TT!!1yikes.gif

That is really funny, cos I caught a squid on a bream lure!!074.gif It was a white Sammy 65 & I assumed it was a bream til it got close to the yak!

post-2231-039834900 1310534153_thumb.jpg

Well done, VERY nice bream - amazing - he obviously inhaled it!! MUST have been hungry! biggrin2.gif

Roberta

Great bycatch, TT!!1yikes.gif

That is really funny, cos I caught a squid on a bream lure!!074.gif It was a white Sammy 65 & I assumed it was a bream til it got close to the yak!

post-2231-039834900 1310534153_thumb.jpg

Well done, VERY nice bream - amazing - he obviously inhaled it!! MUST have been hungry! biggrin2.gif

Roberta

opposites attract :074: :074: :074:

Iv had some reasonable kings taking my squid jigs roughly 3-4times on my bream gear.obviously i didnt land them,they straightened the prongs.but iv seen on well know fishing show the guys fishing for squid add a stinger or assist hook to the squid jig & theyv landed nice kings as well as sharks on the jigs.so worth a try if your getting smoked on your squid jigs,try that rig out & you may land those fish taking the jigs.nxt time i have that problem,il definately will be tryn that rig out.hope that helps. Cheers johnny

Kiama just behind the blowhole one day I went home after having every single squid jig I had ruined by kings and yet everytime I tried with a lure for the kings they would ignore it......... I even tried putting a hook on my squid jig to hook the kings solid and no go... It's funny though cause my dad has been modifying squid jigs for years with single hooks on them and has great success