Sydney Cobia- very late post

johnopaparoulas

Hey raiders this is a really late report but a couple months back i targeted some king around some of sydney harbour marks.

Caught heaps of kings and they held in large number around structure. I managed to get this cobia at 86cm in sydney harbour.

You don't hear of many stories of cobia in the harbour, whats your thoughts?

(i guess you cam all picture where that is :P)

post-18165-041315400 1311072083_thumb.jpg

Hi mate,

Well done to get one in Sydney. When there is lots of kings there is always the odd cobia.

I caught a small one a few years ago and and also saw a bigger one than yours on the surface in MH.

Cheers

Nice one there mate and even though cobia are not a well known species to sydney we did manage to catch a few during the warmers months this season and seen a a couple of big ones chasing up lures or livies but didnt manage to hook any.I just hope they return in numbers with the kingies this season cant wait :thumbup:

Great Cobee mate!! got one last year at weipa and dont they really pull! Did you get him on a plastic or livie?

yeh they really do pull. I hooked it on the my 14 kg miller with a spheros 6000 locked drag (12 kg) and it still managed to pull a little out. I caught him right on that mark where the picture is floating pilly cubes down a trail on unwieghted hook with 20 lb flurocarbon trace

yeh they really do pull. I hooked it on the my 14 kg miller with a spheros 6000 locked drag (12 kg) and it still managed to pull a little out. I caught him right on that mark where the picture is floating pilly cubes down a trail on unwieghted hook with 20 lb flurocarbon trace

Nice, got mine on a 4kg rod and a 3000 size reel. Took 15 minutes in only a meter of water. He went about a meter. Was casting a hardbody at a passing mantaray and he chased it and took it as i was lifting it out of the water!

Hey raiders this is a really late report but a couple months back i targeted some king around some of sydney harbour marks.

Caught heaps of kings and they held in large number around structure. I managed to get this cobia at 86cm in sydney harbour.

Prized catch , not to many people can say they've caught a cobia let alone in sydney harbour :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Great effort and well deserved.

chris.

Prized catch , not to many people can say they've caught a cobia let alone in sydney harbour :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Great effort and well deserved.

chris.