Clovelly 26/7

frankie machine

Hey Raiders,

Swell had dropped enough from the weekend to get out on the rocks near Clovelly today with a mate - a couple of sets during a 2 1/2 hour session had us moving back, but we found a protected corner. Had some salted cunjevoi from Maroubra from a couple of weeks ago as bait, and had some luck - seven drummer (five keepers), silver drummer, trevally and a green eel (!). Here's the best

post-8442-018800300 1311652707_thumb.jpg

Is line fishing permitted in Clovelly Bay? Last time i went, i was approached by locals on numerous occasions who told me it was illegal. The NSW National Parks and Wildlife service website says it's allowed though.

Confused. Perhaps there's a misconception amongst the locals?

Back on topic. That's a nice bag of fish. Hoping to catch my first legal drummer in the coming weeks :)

Edited by Howdoweplaythis

Howdoweplaythis, yes you are allowed to fish cloey and as you said you are permitted to fish with line, The problem stems from back when a so called much loved blue groper was caught in the proper manner. The story made the local papers and people blew up it actually caused quite a storm in the Eastern Suburbs. Most of the rich nobs around the area are clueless to regs and are just blow ins anyway and it is not worth trying to explain things to them. Next time just keep fishing and tell them if they have a problem call a fisheries officer. Also if they ask you for a fishing license tell them you do not have to show it. They are not fisheries.

Well said Finin, I've had numerous people approach me and tell me fishing is illegal. If only they knew!

Some people have also acted fairly aggressively. What can you do! I'll be there tomorrow haha

But a few common sense rules should apply i.e. not fishing in the baths on a really hot summers day! Respect the use of the area of others. As fishermen we should have our morals and etiquette, even though other people may not.

Well said Finin, I've had numerous people approach me and tell me fishing is illegal. If only they knew!

Some people have also acted fairly aggressively. What can you do! I'll be there tomorrow haha

But a few common sense rules should apply i.e. not fishing in the baths on a really hot summers day! Respect the use of the area of others. As fishermen we should have our morals and etiquette, even though other people may not.

Nicely put mate

Cheers Blood Knot