Saturday 30 July

jerryadams

Anyone heading out this Saturday?

The Mrs wont let me go solo so if anyone wants to tag along

I have space for 1-2 people for Saturday chasing yellowfin and a bottom bash at browns.

PM me if intrested...

- UPDATE: THANKS FOR ALL YOUR INTEREST, I NOW HAVE A FULL CREW. -

REPORT:

We ended up bagging out on gemfish at browns.

We then started cubing and after about 20 minutes we had 2 makos circling the boat. The only bait we had was the smallest gemfish of 4kg. I quickly rigged it on the shark rig and tossed it out and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz the reel screamed and suddenly stopped and somehow the mono wind on frayed. The wire trace was about 2.5 metres long and the shark was at least that so I guess the tail must have whipped it while smashing the bait.

The water temp was only 19.5 and the SST charts showed no temp breaks within our reach so we didnt hang around much longer. We heared of one boat hooking up to a large yellowfin to only have it smashed by a moko.

Edited by jerryadams

If you are fishing near and or around Browns this weekend be advised that a shark tourny is being held over both days, with some very hardy sharkers around and boats that will not cop people driving through their burley trails,. So please take care not to upset anyone, better off if you have no idea on courtesy out wide its probably better to stay home for this weekend.