Snapper at the hump's

mark10187

After last week catching a nice snapper my brother my dad and me decided to hit up the humps again turned out to be a great day for me not so much for my brother & dad I decided after last week picking up the biggest snapper on a sp I would only fish with plastics all day picked up two monster reds both 63cm a bonito and countless stinking barracoutta and my brother and dad could only manage barracoutta and one undersize snapper on bait must say I'm now a convert to sp's after outfishing my dad & brother 2 weeks in a row

Cheers Bustoff

post-10239-029769500 1312805609_thumb.jpg

post-10239-024097500 1312805631_thumb.jpg

Edited by bustoff

I think you're just showing off now Bustoff! Two trips in a row! :074:

Two great snapper with decent bumps on their heads too! Great work! :thumbup:

No wonder you'll be sticking to the sps.

Did you lose much gear to the 'coutas this time? And how was the current? It was moving very fast when I was down there last Thursday.

Cheers

Peter

I think you're just showing off now Bustoff! Two trips in a row! :074:

Two great snapper with decent bumps on their heads too! Great work! :thumbup:

No wonder you'll be sticking to the sps.

Did you lose much gear to the 'coutas this time? And how was the current? It was moving very fast when I was down there last Thursday.

Cheers

Peter

Yeah lost well over a packet or two of squidgies and a few jig heads but im not complaining was pretty wrapped with the snapper current wasnt too bad this week last week was pretty hard even with the sea anchor out we were still drifting pretty quickly and i needed ounce jig heads to get to the bottom the only thing i can complain about is that i need to invest in braid i was using 6kg mono and 10kg flouro carbon leader and with all the stretch i missed a tonne of hits

We were down there on Sunday and fished between the tide change after about 12:30 everything seemed to go off the bite did you catch alot of barracouta when you were there on Saturday? Every Second drop I seemed to be catching one

After last week catching a nice snapper my brother my dad and me decided to hit up the humps again turned out to be a great day for me not so much for my brother & dad I decided after last week picking up the biggest snapper on a sp I would only fish with plastics all day picked up two monster reds both 63cm a bonito and countless stinking barracoutta and my brother and dad could only manage barracoutta and one undersize snapper on bait must say I'm now a convert to sp's after outfishing my dad & brother 2 weeks in a row

Cheers Bustoff

post-10239-029769500 1312805609_thumb.jpg

post-10239-024097500 1312805631_thumb.jpg

THey are just awsome.

I agree with the sp's , everyone seems to land the big ones on them.

Great work guys :beersmile:

Chris.

We were down there on Sunday and fished between the tide change after about 12:30 everything seemed to go off the bite did you catch alot of barracouta when you were there on Saturday? Every Second drop I seemed to be catching one

Caught 2 barracouta's and some other rubbish... Were you the guys in the pale yellow centre console?? I had the red & white half cabin.