Out from Roseville Thursday morning

saltrix

Headed out from Roseville with fellow fishraider Pete. It was my first trip for a while after a back op and I had been waiting for a while for the breeze to drop. We gave Grotto Point where we usually give the squid a go a miss because of the heavy swell and for the same reason kept out from North Head a bit when we tried a troll around there. No surface fish around, although a seal had found his breakfast and was tossing a large fish around just inside North Head.

Headed out to DY wide where the flathead are usually around at this time but it was a bit quite and we managed only 3 marbled flathead, 3 good mowies, a nice red rock cod, a good sized sampson fish, a sweep, a king sized jacket, and a maori wrasse before the wind came up about 11am.

Not a lot of fish but a good morning on the water. A few dolphins around and some flocks of Albetross feeding on the Cuttlefish which die off at this time of year.

post-3961-079400400 1314270406_thumb.jpg

you haven't posted much lately saltrix, nice to see you got out :thumbup:

Awesome amberjack what kind of bait were you using cheers :biggrin2:

Got the Sampson Fish on a bit of fresh fishbait, it is a bit different to amberjack and easier to tell the difference when just caught as the dark vertical bars fade after death.

Headed out from Roseville with fellow fishraider Pete. It was my first trip for a while after a back op and I had been waiting for a while for the breeze to drop. We gave Grotto Point where we usually give the squid a go a miss because of the heavy swell and for the same reason kept out from North Head a bit when we tried a troll around there. No surface fish around, although a seal had found his breakfast and was tossing a large fish around just inside North Head.

Headed out to DY wide where the flathead are usually around at this time but it was a bit quite and we managed only 3 marbled flathead, 3 good mowies, a nice red rock cod, a good sized sampson fish, a sweep, a king sized jacket, and a maori wrasse before the wind came up about 11am.

Not a lot of fish but a good morning on the water. A few dolphins around and some flocks of Albetross feeding on the Cuttlefish which die off at this time of year.

post-3961-079400400 1314270406_thumb.jpg

Yep a nice way to break the drought Alan.....Lookin' forward to the next time