Nice day out at Cronulla

Pongrass18ft

Hi Raiders

Fished Cronulla with Meng (gonfishin999) today. He hasn't had a fish for over 5 weeks and boy he was eager to get out there and have a fish :yahoo:

We hit the heads nice and early and found it was windy and the seas were sloppy so we stayed in the bay and did reef bashing up until 11:30am which wasn't very productive, we couldn't find a Snapper no matter how hard we tried. All we got was the usual....Pikes, Rock Cods and more Rock Cods.

We then set off for a troll down the Coast, as the seas became better around lunch time, in search of some Bonito or anything else that wanted to say hello, but we couldn't find any fish today.....very strange :ranting2:

Late afternoon we decided to go in search for some squid instead, which ended up being very productive. More yummy stuffed squid for dinner :thumbup: .

Chris

post-13990-054276300 1314530460_thumb.jpg

awsome Boys and great to see everyone enjoying them selves and chris what a catch, it was the same lure wasnt it:yahoo:

Cant wait to get back from overseas and get back into it.

Onya SQUIDIN & Cungee :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by Groper

Great catch of squid mate,

how did you end up cooking them? calamri rings?

Cheers, Predator

Hi predator

Last night we had stuffed squid. My wife stuffs it with fresh tomatoes diced, onion, garlic, fresh parsley, ginger, bread crumbs, black pepper and the tentacles from the squid minced and puts it in the oven covered in tomato sauce made from capsicum, mushroom and herbs served on a bed of rice.....yummmy.

Chris

Hi predator

Last night we had stuffed squid. My wife stuffs it with fresh tomatoes diced, onion, garlic, fresh parsley, ginger, bread crumbs, black pepper and the tentacles from the squid minced and puts it in the oven covered in tomato sauce made from capsicum, mushroom and herbs served on a bed of rice.....yummmy.

Chris

Dont forget your offer, your missus and my missus will cook some up when I get back, in the mean time stop teasing :biggrin2:

Hi predator

Chris

Chris that made my mouth water just reading it LOL.

Im going to target more squid for that recipe!

Stan

Okay Chris, enough is enough! I was jealous enough after seeing the photo of the squid, but that description of your wife's stuffed squid had me salivating as I read it!

Maybe you should post some more of her recipies!

Cheers

Peter

Hey chris,

Well done on the squid.

You know I'm a top calamari chef, people tell me.

The last time I cooked squid for some friends, they asked me how was it cooked ?

They said is it stuffed ?

I said no.

They said yes it is. It's totally stuffed !

I just can't get it right.

Its always like I'm eating rubber bands.....it stretches ans when it breaks, it whips me in the face !

By the time I'm finished eating dinner, I look like I've gone a round with Mike Tyson.....

Tony

Hey chris,

Well done on the squid.

The last time I cooked squid for some friends, they asked me how was it cooked ?

I said no.

Its always like I'm eating rubber bands.....it stretches ans when it breaks, it whips me in the face !

By the time I'm finished eating dinner, I look like I've gone a round with Mike Tyson.....

Tony

Tony your kidding you gotta show me how its done :drunk:

Hey chris,

Well done on the squid.

I said no.

Tony

Hi Tony

Don't worry I did alot of Mike Tyson squid cooking as well when I first started. But as they say....practice makes perfect.

Follow my wife's recipe which I will post up soon and you can't go wrong. Mike Tyson won't exist anymore :clapping:

Look forward to fishing with you soon.

Chris

Boy!!

Reading this is making me really hungry!

I've cooked squid and ended up with rubber bands once too.

After that I learnt that the trick, at least when frying, is: cook for ONE MINUTE!!

You literally place each bit in the pan then by the time you finished arranging them, turn them over. By the time each piece is turned over, start taking the first pieces out.

You then scoff them with a glass of chardonnay before anybody else knows they are ready!!

Reeltired.

place your squid rings in Boiling water for 15 minutes then flower them, dip them in egg then crumb them, fry for 20sec each side, you want taste a softer squid, Thats what the restaurants do :thumbup:

Aha !

So I boil water and then stop boiling it.

Then I place the rings into that water.

Wait 15 minutes.

Then I put flowers on them?

Is it decorative ?

I'm sure you mean flour...

Jeez I had a laugh about that, but with my twisted sister sense of humour, I would be the only one laughing.

So, then the egg'n'breadcrumbs.

Fry for 20 seconds each side.

Did I get it right ?

Then eat them before anyone notices the pan is empty.

I will then deny all knowledge of just having cooked the calamari...

...and serve floured rubber bands instead....

Great idea !

Tony

Aha !

So I boil water and then stop boiling it.

Then I place the rings into that water.

Wait 15 minutes.

Then I put flowers on them?

Is it decorative ?

I'm sure you mean flour...

Jeez I had a laugh about that, but with my twisted sister sense of humour, I would be the only one laughing.

So, then the egg'n'breadcrumbs.

Fry for 20 seconds each side.

Did I get it right ?

Then eat them before anyone notices the pan is empty.

I will then deny all knowledge of just having cooked the calamari...

...and serve floured rubber bands instead....

Great idea !

Tony

ahahahaha tony you got me, flour not flower :074: my head is in a spin atm as I fly out in 4 hours today, my Family will be here, going alone :yahoo:

Visiting my Family overseas, see ya when I get back.

ps, Stop farting in Chris's Boat :badair:

Hi Raiders

Fished Cronulla with Meng (gonfishin999) today. He hasn't had a fish for over 5 weeks and boy he was eager to get out there and have a fish :yahoo:

We hit the heads nice and early and found it was windy and the seas were sloppy so we stayed in the bay and did reef bashing up until 11:30am which wasn't very productive, we couldn't find a Snapper no matter how hard we tried. All we got was the usual....Pikes, Rock Cods and more Rock Cods.

We then set off for a troll down the Coast, as the seas became better around lunch time, in search of some Bonito or anything else that wanted to say hello, but we couldn't find any fish today.....very strange :ranting2:

Late afternoon we decided to go in search for some squid instead, which ended up being very productive. More yummy stuffed squid for dinner :thumbup: .

Chris

Nice haul of Squid mate!!! Where abouts did you get em?

Hi Raiders

Chris

Hey chris,

Nice catch there mate, that squid look delicious!!

Get ready for the warmer weather coming throught we will get on to the wopper whiting again

look forward to it. keep up the good work