New Project - Polycraft 455 CC rebuild

dhype

Hi Trung,

I've been following your build and enjoying watching your progress. Im thinking of starting on my first boat and was wondering how you got started, ie where to get info about boat customising, maintenance, wiring ect. Thinking of starting with something similar to you savage 3.8m. If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for your first boat?

Paul

PS keep posting as I really enjoy seeing the progress

Hey Paul

Glad you are enjoying my boat build... it is now finished and have been killing the fish in the polycraft - very happy with the hull and honda 4 stroke motor combo.

As to where does one learn about customising their boat? I checked our other forum member's boats, classifieds etc and see how people setup their boats. Also , once you start fishing from you own boat you will know what is missing or where something should be placed/installed... i recommend you do this before you start drill and bolting stuff down.

I am pretty handy with the power tools and soldering iron so working in the boats was no issue.. but if you are stuck on something, you will find youtube has useful videos on just about anything you need help with.

My first boat was 3.9m and it was just big enough to fish botany bay.. any smaller and you WILL get very wet and you need to watch the forcast.

Any questions, just PM me.

Good luck with your boat purchase and build.. post it up as we all love watching builds

Cheers

Trung

• 5 months later...
  • 10 years later...