Flattie Grounds Sydney

proline

G'Day Raiders,

Hoping for some friendly advice. Launching from Drummoyne on Friday, taking my boss out for a fish.

Only problem is, I've only fished Sydney Harbour once, with a very poor result. My boat normally lives near Turramurra, so I've always fished Cowan Creek/Broken Bay.

Don't wanna fail miserably, and was hoping you guys might be able to PM me any marks for a reliable flattie drift if all else fails and I can't get us onto fish. I've heard that 40m depth outside the heads is pretty good, any one got any more info?

Or any other good spots/marks worth a look at? Really just wanna put us on a few fish and impress the boss!

Boat is a 6m CC with 150 Yamaha....

Thanks in advance!

I'm guessing that the saying " A bad days fishing is still better than a good day at work" probably wont fly too well with your fishing buddy on that day? Haha.

If you can get a good drift the 40m to 60m line can produce for flatties off the heads.

Good luck.

You can drift across the mouth of Lane Cove river or off Cockatoo Island if the weather is a bit crook.

A drift off the light house Just outside the heads down to Bondi is also an option. Sorry dont know the depth

You can anchor off Ben Buckler and burley and catch a feed of trev`s if they are there.

You can also fish Long Reef as another option but again where will be upto you. It has plenty of spots to fish.

GOOD LUCK.