there is something we can do about the wharf closures

leonardgid

Hello chaps, the problem with the wharf closures will not go away, talking about it will not change a thing, litter bugs will continue to litter no matter what , its time for action , and time is running out , to cut a long story short , i am willing to put up warning signs on each and every wharf if (1)we can get the okay from Sydney ferries for me to do so, (2) someone can make the signs and have them laminated, think about and get back to me here , just dont take your time, i almost forgot, the warning signs should warn people that if they continue to leave their rubbish all over the wharfs the wharfs will be closed at night etc. thats what i mean by warning signs,

Your idea sounds good in theory but I honestly believe with-out encorcement we will not get very far at all,

most of these people would not even bother reading the signs, by all means please correct me if you think I am wrong,

maybe we could write up a letter and pass it onto canada bay council and see if they can have some sort of night patrol or some sort of enformement,

Regards,

Nathan

There's no over turning it, it's that simple some people are filthy grubs. I used to go wharf fishing alot not anymore because of the rubbish and the bad attitudes, there need to be more patrols by police and fisheries but really how do you police it? Cops show up ask who's rubbish it is and everyone denies it... Wharf fishing will be the death of recreational fishing. Because of the dozens the thousands will be affected. With the rubbish, the brawls, the undersize fish and the illegal fishing practices it just feeds fuel to the greens ever building fire.

My two cents to it, but unless the council is willing to pay thousands of dollars per year to cleaners for wharves and the home owners of the area will pay for it then only more and more wharves will get locked up.

Guest hawkesbass

The warning signs are in place at a mojority of the wharves already people chose not too pay attention to them or cant read them because they are covered in graffitti and they also just dont care

It's just a lot of BULLSHIT!!!!!!

No matter where you go these drop kick's ruin it for the majority.

What are they going to do, close the train's down? NO

Close the malls down? No

Close the footy grounds down? No

Close just about every event down? No

It's got nothing to do with the halfwit morons on the wharf"s,,

It's got every thing to do with fishing!!!!!!!!!!

At least I can say I didn't vote the ANTIFISHING party in (GREEN GARBAGE) or the bow down and kiss my arse party (LABOUR )

Regards Jeff

It's just a lot of BULLSHIT!!!!!!

No matter where you go these drop kick's ruin it for the majority.

What are they going to do, close the train's down? NO

Close the malls down? No

Close the footy grounds down? No

Close just about every event down? No

It's got nothing to do with the halfwit morons on the wharf"s,,

It's got every thing to do with fishing!!!!!!!!!!

At least I can say I didn't vote the ANTIFISHING party in (GREEN GARBAGE) or the bow down and kiss my arse party (LABOUR )

Regards Jeff

I think thats just sticking your head in sand Jeff,

Its easy to blame this kind of thing on the greens but it has very little to do with it!

Malls, footy grounds and events have paid for staff, security and janitors to help minimize the problems asscoiated, these are paid for by the clubs, shops, owners who are making money from the events. If there was an association from the rec fishing industry that fronted up money to help control the mess & anti-social behaviour on wharves then the recreational fishing body would be able to argue to keep these wharves open or there would be less of a problem in the first place.

Basically residents who use these wharves get sick of the mess, stench and probably noise at night and complain. The local governement would assess the complaints and like us realise that its a disgrace. The DPI has tried taking measures by installing specific bins and signage to try to give the rec fisherman a chance to change their way but it has not happened at alot of locations so they have no choice but to make it a no fishing area.

This is OUR (collectively as a recreational sporting community) fault, no one else to blame to but recreational fisherman. It might not be anyone who frequents this sight and probably isnt but without a doubt they are fishermen/women. The sooner we stop blaming other people the more chance we have of eductaing the whole fishing community.

There's no over turning it, it's that simple some people are filthy grubs. I used to go wharf fishing alot not anymore because of the rubbish and the bad attitudes, there need to be more patrols by police and fisheries but really how do you police it? Cops show up ask who's rubbish it is and everyone denies it... Wharf fishing will be the death of recreational fishing. Because of the dozens the thousands will be affected. With the rubbish, the brawls, the undersize fish and the illegal fishing practices it just feeds fuel to the greens ever building fire.

My two cents to it, but unless the council is willing to pay thousands of dollars per year to cleaners for wharves and the home owners of the area will pay for it then only more and more wharves will get locked up.

Mate police dont do shit.

I was fishing at a wharf on parra river on night. There was a group of grubs, about 10 of them with their bbq, fold out chairs, making themselves at home. Police came around, looked around the wharf, didnt say a word and left. The wharf was filthy.

Then the baboons left and I was left with just one other mate.

The same police came back, asked me if I caught anything, checked my license, checked by bucket etc asked how often i come here etc etc. He wouldnt leave me alone.. I wanted to ask why he didnt do same to the group earlier but I didnt want any hassels

Why not pay a fee to use the wharf? that way the money can go to maintanense and cleaning.

This will also pay for more fisheries patrols and inspections and i think would stop the madness.

People might complaint about paying, but id rather then see our great australian fish species be slaughtered when there undersized

just my two cents anyway