Need a sounder

puregeek

I have a 798CI Side Scanner Humminbird I am still learning how to use it. I am interested to see what responses you get from fellow Raiders.

A few weeks ago one of the site sponsors Huett Marine from the Pacific Hwy at Cowan had sounders on special. Try them for advice.

I have the 798cisi.

It is very easy to set up,

Very accurate

The button functions are easy to use and navigate

Not too sure what the difference between the US price is but you may want the Australian one for warranty purposes maybe.

I bought mine from Huey and it was the best price around. Highly recommended.

Hi, we stock and sell both brands and both are good units that both do somethings better than the other. The HB unit will not give all the functions if you buy OS but if you want to save $450 then go for it and I like the SI and DI but as to what will work "down under" that is the gamble. If you only have $1K to spend then the run out of the A70D was great value but they are not made any more and I have sold out of them and can not get any more so if you can still get them then go for it too. could easily justify the extra to buy a Oz certified one and the HB with its side imagining and down imagining is very useful and once you have used this technology you would not do without it.

I also have some good deals on the Lowrance HDS-5 with structure scan jus to confuse you some more.

PM me if you would like the Raider prices on genuine Oz certified ones with back-up support here and all the functions and features.

Cheers,

Huey.

I had a hds5 in my old boat. It's ok, but seems basic. I've been told the HB and raymarine in these models are better. Has anyone bought the HB 798ci from the USA. What functions do you lose? I've been told it has to stay in imperial measurements only.

Furuno 620's are great. You can get them for under $1k from the states.

I had a hds5 in my old boat. It's ok, but seems basic. I've been told the HB and raymarine in these models are better. Has anyone bought the HB 798ci from the USA. What functions do you lose? I've been told it has to stay in imperial measurements only.

The answer is Simple... Dont buy from the USA, There is International versions available from other countries for the same money.

You are how ever on your own if you need a warranty claim...

Hey man.

The local tackle near me has this for sale

Humminbird Matrix 87c..sounder/gps combo full colour.500watt rms transducer..(exclude SD mape card)for $1200. Pm if your want more details.

Hi, thanks for the tip but that is a pretty old unit and as with anything electronic what you buy today for $1200 is far superior to that old Matrix.

Cheers,

Huey.

Just a qestions with sounders/fish finders; Are they two seperate units which have evolved into 'combo's', the way mobiles have evolved into cameras eg; if you want a proper camera you don't buy a mobile phone, you buy a camera but if you want a phone the 'basic' camera is just a bonus? Or do they all do both?

How good are the 'fish finder' functions? I have an older unit in my boat which shows depth and indicates when it senses fish; The depth I'm sure works quite well, but the fish indication I'm not quite so sure.