Nobbys breakwall

krist1303

Wanted to go Norah Head but the weather seemed gloomy :1badmood: so I went to Nobby this morning. Just half an hour since tide changed my rod started shaking! :1fishing1: Must be a big one as it's trying to pull me toward the water. After 5mins here came the handsome guy. Going home afterward and thinking abt fish'n'chips. :thumbup:

post-20399-096874300 1319590579_thumb.jpg

Edited by RnK

well done great effort that fish would be hard to lift out off the water you should enter it in catch off the month

ps the stockton brakewall fishes well on an out going tide after a big wet for hammerheads and jew but you need a long gaf cheers gary

Mate

Thats a cracker pig. Did well to get him out.

South of Knobby's around bar beach there is some good platforms usually with lots of cabbage and weed. Or Merryweather baths down to the bogie hole.

Take care fish in pairs and watch the water.

Tight lines

Great pig RnK! Did you get a measurement? Do you target drummer and what bait did you use (if you don't mind me asking?)

Yeah It's about 54cm lenght I didnt weigh it cause I released him after. Actually i was after blackfish so I used blackfish rig, from the stopper to sinker apx 4m 30lb line, 50-80cm 40 lb leader, the lower the swell the deeper you fish. Prawn is my bait. I tried cunje, weeds before but the pickers always get it first before my fish can see the bait. the best time is when tide changes or when low tide. I reckon number 5-6 circle hook work best. it was a time I used #6 but the fish pulled too hard and all i got after was my hook bent open!!!!and the fish swam away :wife:

Mate

Thats a cracker pig. Did well to get him out.

South of Knobby's around bar beach there is some good platforms usually with lots of cabbage and weed. Or Merryweather baths down to the bogie hole.

Take care fish in pairs and watch the water.

Tight lines

Thanks. I will always watch out the water as I still enjoy my life and the truth is I cant swim :1yikes: . Wanted to try Merewether the rockpool but that area looks scary to me seeing the swell bang bang directly your side !!! It's said groper and drummer are best catch there with cunje but you need to be paitent. must be low tide or there's no change to cross the rockplatform.

really cause it looks like you no were near nobbys in that pic.

lol i live in mayfield just 5mins driving to Nobby. it was taken in the garden. you think how long it could survive if you give it a water tank:)

p/s. at least someone see the different background :thumbup:

Edited by RnK