Jervis bay

Trapper Tom

G'day FR's.

Been a while since I posted.

Been a while since I damn well had a fish. Bloody winter, hate it.

Got out last weekend to JB with 2 mates, camped at Honeymoon Bay 1 night for a 2 day fish.

Ain't that a beuatiful place.

First day got 30 odd squidies for 2 sessions over the weed.

About 12 flatties on drifts and 6 perfect eating sized reddies.

Anchoured, burleyed with floaters and hooked up on the biggest kingy I have ever had on in my life.

For those familar with Longnose point the big kingies patrol from outside the heads all the way to this point and back again.

Hooked this bugger in about 30m and it took about 2/3 of my reel of 40lb braid. (drag set approx 10 lb).

Call was made, Anchour released on float and chased fish. As most Game guys know tactics from there is ALL important.

Motered out and around, regained some line, re-gained the inititive to bring the bugger out and away from the reef.

At the 8 minute mark Thought I had him, Oh dear thrumming on the line. "Andrew" please tell me that he is tail wrapped now.

No bannana, reefed, and 15 secs later fish gone.

I will say again that was the biggest Kingy I have ever had on in my life, a damn monster, and I have caught a 1m plus kingy on this gear before.

None the less it is a memory I will never forget.

Second day was flatties again, went just outside and used the Snapper Flashers that we have been using for some time.

Bagged out at 20 fish each. Unbelievable never happened to me or my mates before. But the flashers with the circle hooks smashed em. All fish were around 40cms. Yumm perfect fillet size.

And to boot, on Sunday had at least 25 wales in the bay all breaching, tail slapping and fin slapping, had whales up to 25 m from the boat. Awesome. And to boot again, was the dolfins, fairy peguins,(Bark Bark),sammy seal, white (Osprey) sea egles and believe it or not 2 Turtles!!!

Arrived home and have been in Nirvarna ever since.

Sorry no photo's charged the camera battery etc then did not put it in the damn camera.

Bugger.

Will try to post more often now Summer is here.

Re-built my little run about over winter so will be hitting Botany B.

See you out there.

Cheers

Trapper Tom

Good on you Trapper

JB is an awesome fishing destination.

I was downrigging along the Beecroft cliffs a couple of weeks ago and was sourrounded by whales too :biggrin2: They certainly make your boat feel super small when they surface 10M from you

Looking forward to getting back there for summer