Port Hacking Jewfish

Pongrass18ft

Hi Raiders

Finished work yesterday afternoon and went past mum's place to wish her a Happy Birthday and then decided to go out for a fish with a friend.

Weather wasn't looking too good but we weren't going to allow that to dampen the night. Hooked up the tinny put the fishing and wet weather gear in and headed off to Greys Point Boat Ramp arriving there at 10:30pm....late as always and missing the tide change.

Motored over to the rock ledges and anchored up to fish for some blue nose bream. We put out two rods each with mixed baits...prawns, pilchards, slimy mackerel fillet and chicken breast. Wasn't long before the rain came, at first only a drizzle so we put our wet weather gear on, at least I did as my mate couldn't find his wet weather pants :1yikes:.

Around 20 minutes or so after being anchored the pilchard rod goes off, drag screaming, but as soon as we tried to set the hook the fish had already made its way along the rocks and was busted off quickly. Wouldn't have been more than 5 minutes the Mackerel fillet rod went off, I have never seen a 1000 reel drag scream so much. Picked the rod up and played tug-of-war with the fish until I won the battle and was very pleased to see a nice soapie of 83cm come aboard which turned out to be the same fish we had hooked up 5 minutes previous as the rig was still in its mouth.

We fished for another half hour or so but was very uncomfortable as the rain was getting very heavy so we decided to call it a night but we were happy to bring home a nice suprise for the night.

By the way....my mate found his wet weather pants sitting in my driveway when we got home :1badmood:

Chris

post-13990-035600700 1320276089_thumb.jpg

nice work chris, bad luck about your first rod ay, I went out to the 5 Islands Wednesday, not a bad day, we got tailor, couple of wrass and filled the esky with slimies, kings weren't around and I got busted of big time and was sure it was groper.

Until next time ay :thumbup:

ps, took the argileh(shisa) with me and had that on the boat, dropped the chacole and sizled the carpet in a few spots.

Tell you what the double apple tastes a whole lot better than the grape flavour :biggrin2:

The water ways asked me if I can move from the main channel, was drifting at the time, asked the officer if he wanted to try the argileh he said no but it sure smells great like apple, I said that's what's it is :thumbup:

Chris,

You always seem to say "ah what the heck, I think I'll just go to the water and have a fish, even though we're gonna get drenched"....

This time, your mum had a birthday and after the festivities, you just 'felt' like a fishin trip.

And your mate is called "eveready' because whenever you say the word 'fishing', he is ready...

A very carefree and spontaneous attitude, not a lot of prep, chuck out the silly string for bream and get a jew !

You're just lucky I guess - or maybe it's your mate that brings you the good luck.

Either way, you brought home the goods.

You could probably fish in a bathtub and catch jewies.

Speaking of bathtubs, all that rain in the tinny would have turned it into a bathtub.

Rub-a-dub-dub, two men in a tub....

and one without pants....:074:

So your mate left his pants in your driveway.

What did he wear on the boat then? Speedos ?

Do your mates often leave their pants in your driveway?

And you two walk around the driveway at midnight calling out "Where's my pants Chris " ?

What do your neighbours think about this practice ?

Interesting night.

Can I come fishing with you in your bathtub - er, I mean your boat Mr Clooney ?:1prop: