Got to stop buying lures!

clemsy

I need to stop buying lures! Haha, it is getting to the point where I am buying them cause I want to buy them/collect them and not for catching fish (well that is the excuse anyway).

And I have just gotten into poppers and surface lures, which is not good.

Any tips from the raiders on how to stop?

I need to stop buying lures! Haha, it is getting to the point where I am buying them cause I want to buy them/collect them and not for catching fish (well that is the excuse anyway).

get married !

Unfortunately there is no cure and from what you have said your condition seems to worsening rapidly..... There is nothing more that can be done for you..... You should take that round the world holiday with your family that you had always planned to but never got the chance.... Now is the time.

Im sorry to be the one to break this news to you. Good luck.

We could start LBA, (lure buyers anonymous)

I will start, Hi my name is Pete and it has been two days since I last purchased a lure.

I needed it the other 300 in my collection just didn't seem complete. :biggrin2:

Just a thought

Big-Pete :1fishing1:

Edited by Big-Pete

Why don't you just try to make them by your own that will even give you a chance of selling lures.

There are a lot of info on the net about how to make fishing lures.

Andy

That was my solution to the problem, just get a bit of wood and start whittling :thumbup: surface lure are about as easy as it gets, making a nice diver that swims well can be a bit painful though.

Ben

Unfortunately there is no cure and from what you have said your condition seems to worsening rapidly..... There is nothing more that can be done for you..... You should take that round the world holiday with your family that you had always planned to but never got the chance.... Now is the time.

Im sorry to be the one to break this news to you. Good luck.

just think of the different lures you could bring back from afar, duty free too :074:

Just reading this made me think of a personal example and how this can strike the young as well...adding as many a 20 extra years to financial hardship to ones life...

Few month ago i was at a large chain tackle store with my five year old daughter (to make it all the funnier she was dressed as a fairy), to get some 2 stroke oil naturally i checked out the lure section. while i was looking at jigs my daughter climbs up on a shelf and grabs the biggest marlin skirt with a pusher head. And declares this is the one she wants some bloke (also looking at lures)there seems to think it's pretty funny... I explain to my daughter that we already have a few like that, to which she said no we don't this ones got more sparkles (the bloke looks pretty impressed) when i go to put it back she has a fully blown fit not wanting to give in i try and find some middle ground and ask her if that is what she would like for her birthday (in a couple of weeks time) she says yes and is happy as, I'm stoked to have another lure for the collection... sadly my wife well let just say not so happy when my daughter runs into the house say look what i got for my birthday.

(this is not the first time either)

Edited by pure spirit

Everyone buy lures! They are awesome, buy as many as you can all sizes and types.

I love going onto classifieds sections and buying huge batches of near new lures for next to nothing from you poor sods! LoL, the last batch of bream, bass, trout lures i bought for $200 would have retailed for well over $650.

So buy up boys and girls!

Should be some bargains on the forums in the next 12-24 months :yahoo:

Musty

which leads into the next Q'n... storage

how do you store / transport all those lures ???

big 100g poppers... jig heads, packets of SP, little vibes, metal slugs, jigs. OMG the list goes on !

Store? It's an ever-rotating coffee table display in our lounge!

This whole tackle thing is perplexing - sold a couple of reels recently to make some room in the reel cupboard, and now wishing I had em back again.

Just don't worry about how many lures I buy anymore, because as every angler knows the next world wide lure shortage is just around the corner and you should be prepared for it.

Blood Knot

Swordie has between 200 and 300 spinnerbaits but he had to go and buy more yesterday for his trip to Glenbawn next week ..............

I would never have that many pairs of shoes in a lifetime :thumbdown:

Its just so hard I cant stop expanding my lure collection :yahoo: and you never know that copper coloured spinnerbait x 3 may just be the one this year or the next or the NEXT :tease: