Holiday ideas?

brecko90

Hey all,

Planing a holiday in a months time with my girlfriend, with the hidden agenda to do some fishing haha, just looking for ideas on where would be a good place to go, somewhere between port mac and Sydney would be good as we would be driving.

any ideas would be appricated :thumbup:

Hey all,

Planing a holiday in a months time with my girlfriend, with the hidden agenda to do some fishing haha, just looking for ideas on where would be a good place to go, somewhere between port mac and Sydney would be good as we would be driving.

Hi Harrington near Taree or north side of port mcquarie up to cresent head good fish all the way.

bucko48

Hawkesnest in Port Stephens. Beatiful holiday spot, nice ocean beach and great fishing. The river and offshore. There is one offshore charter that goes out from here and fishes broughton island offshore for snapper, kings, pearl perch, nannygai and flaties etc... Great spot to sneak out for a fish whenever you have time! Only 2 hours north of sydney.

i 2nd harrington walking along the brake wall with the cook secretly looking for flatty spots short walk to the pub[top feed] and a short drive to crowdy head best beach in nsw[and a good brake wall to fish off]get a cabin at the caravan park and all you need take is sheets and pillow slips and food[there is also good mullet in the lagoon behind it for jew live bait] cheers gary

Hey all,

Hey mate,

South west rocks is only a little over an hour north of port Mac. I holiday there a fair bit and it has great fishing. I was there just last weekend and the river fished okay. If ya have the cash for a charter though there are a few good charter companies that work out of there. I saw a big bull dolphin fish get weighed in and heard wispers that the spanish Mack are workin there way down the coast.

It's a great spot to take the misses with plenty of stuff to keep her busy.. There is the old gaol which I found quite interesting, plenty of cafes, really good pub and eateries. There is back creek which is a small inlet which has great snorkeling. Overall it's a top spot for both you and ur misses!!

thx guys you have giving me some good ideas, i like the sound of hawks nest i have been there before for golf, its a nice area, maybe i could sneak a round or 2 in as well as fishing hahah wat a great holiday. im sure the misses will be pleased with that 1.