ideas and help required

brecko90

Hey Raiders

i have decided to take my brother and one of his mates fishing in 2 weeks time just for a couple of days, planing to camp on the shore make a bonfire all that type of stuff.

Im from penrith and was thinking of going up and putting the tinny in at Mooney Mooney and taking off from there, but not sure if we would find anywhere to camp overnight as i have never visited the area. Also i want to make sure we have a good chance of catching some fish to as he is new to it and its his mates 1st time. I was thinking we should target flathead and bream with lures SP's hard bodies and bait, but wouldn't have a clue where i would start to fish for there species in this system. Also might give the jewfish a crack at night if we can get any lives, if they can be caught in there.

sorry this is so long and probly most who read it wont reply but any little advice or help i can get would be great to help us have a good trip.

cheers

Hi Fishnatic, you have the best of intentions but need to do 1 of 2 things. If it's really important that u catch fish (never guaranteed) then do a test run so u'll have an improved chance of success (still no guarantees) or simply go and enjoy yourselves TRYING to catch a few fish. Even with the best of preparation fishing is pot luck. It's this uncertainty that "hooks" us in the first place. Good luck, go enjoy yourselves. Big Neil.

Hey Raiders

i have decided to take my brother and one of his mates fishing in 2 weeks time just for a couple of days, planing to camp on the shore make a bonfire all that type of stuff.

Im from penrith and was thinking of going up and putting the tinny in at Mooney Mooney and taking off from there, but not sure if we would find anywhere to camp overnight as i have never visited the area. Also i want to make sure we have a good chance of catching some fish to as he is new to it and its his mates 1st time. I was thinking we should target flathead and bream with lures SP's hard bodies and bait, but wouldn't have a clue where i would start to fish for there species in this system. Also might give the jewfish a crack at night if we can get any lives, if they can be caught in there.

sorry this is so long and probly most who read it wont reply but any little advice or help i can get would be great to help us have a good trip.

cheers

Hi fishnatic,

I remember there's a camping site in milson island. You need to book earlier during for the season holiday. Forgot the phone number but I remember the site is run by government. I think u should find something by google it.

Cheers,

phil

there is plenty of little beaches you can set up camp, would really recommend you check it out the week before so you know what you need to bring and where you are heading, the Hawkesbury can be a great place but can get disorientating at night when its black at night. mooney is a great ramp and I have seen a lot of people camp there, just keep everything locked up when not there, have never lost anything there but always hear of blokes who have lost stuff from cars etc. most important is go and have fun, if you catch a fish its a bonus!

Wack the boat in at Berowra and head down to the twin beaches (few k's down stream) Plenty of camping space and good fishing both ways up the river.

Good spot for flathead straight off the twins, not far from the national park (good Jew spot) and heaps of places to throw plastics and lures.

I've been raised on the hawkesbury, and it's hard to crack, but when you know the where, when and how, it's a great system to fish.

Take plenty of light but, as said before me it's a dark place.

Edited by Onajewagain

Thx guys, some great advice on camping spots. i know i should try and get up there to scope it out a little bit but just dont have the time, hence why i am asking for advice. we are going for a few day so maybe the 1st day we can use it to have a hunt around the system ans find the better spots and then smash it the 2nd day. from other peoples posts it looks like the railway bridge has brought some success for people.

:thumbup:

two other things are, are there any places to catch live bait, either poddy mullet yakkas or yabbies there?? because i dont fancy leaving a heap of bait in the esky over night and during the days.

Again just like to say thx for any help you can give me.