Jewfish Slaughter

:05: -just a fact of life------on thursday night-----------3500kgs and then on friday night------1500kgs of Jewfish were netted by the pros in the Richmond river------ :1badmood: ------I'm just toooooo angry to say anything more!!!!!!!!--------rockworm

Thats absolute bullshit...

I can't believe they're allowed to do it...

53651[/snapback]

I can't believe our fishing licences are paying for the stocking of jewies in the Richmond River??? :1prop:

Maybe I'm just reading it wrong. :biggrin2:

wouldn't it just be wonderful if the Authorities actually tried using just a little common sense :wacko:

53664[/snapback]

That's never going to happen as long as money is involved...

Its topics like this that make me realise how ruthless and non-caring humans (namely the government in this case) are when it comes to nature...

I wonder how much of that 3500kg ends up getting thrown out because it isn't sold...

I would be a lot happier to see fish prices rise and the pro's take less fish from our waterways..

If it keeps going the way it is I doubt I'll be able to go fishing with my future kids because there quite simply will not be anything left to catch...

Send an email to the Minister and ask him to stop treating us like monkeys.

office@macdonald.minister.nsw.gov.au

53694[/snapback]

G'day Raiders,

Just sent an email to the minister, so will be interesting to see the reply (if one arrives :1wallbash:).

The decision makers are brainless deadsh**ts - I am fuming that part of my licence money goes to improving the catch of the "pro's" :ranting2: Buy the pro's licences then start the re-stocking. ****wits.

You can still write a letter mate. It doesn't have to be prefect, just do your best and say what you mean without being rude (which is hard sometimes I know).

In your other posts you mention you are voting age now. Why not write an email and let them know that the party which looks after fishermen the best will get your first vote.

Don't be nervous, it's your democratic right to correspond with the Government. After all, we pay for them.

53732[/snapback]

:1badmood: the slaughter took place at Woodburn-----I know 2 locals who along with about 10 Woodburn guys who fished in the slaughter area on Sat nite-----not 1 jew was caught----my Lennox mates snagged 1 piddly little bream for 4 hours effort----------------I cant work out why they had such a crap session!!!!!!!!!!--------I sent off a 2 page scathing letter to the local minister last friday----I'll be interested to see if I even get a reply--------- :badair: --rockworm---- :ranting2:

Guest bluecod

:bump0ee:

Moderators, Ken,

This topic is too important to let it fall down the list of postings, can it be moved to a place of prominence and pinned?

• 2 weeks later...
You can still write a letter mate. It doesn't have to be prefect, just do your best and say what you mean without being rude (which is hard sometimes I know).

In your other posts you mention you are voting age now. Why not write an email and let them know that the party which looks after fishermen the best will get your first vote.

Don't be nervous, it's your democratic right to correspond with the Government. After all, we pay for them.

53732[/snapback]

Spot on Iain there is only one way to hurt these mongrels and that is at the polls. No need for fancy words just a tick on the ballet paper at the appropriate time.

BUT YES please if we can take 5 mins to send this P*_*K an email it will all add up.

Before we all turn our computers off today ask yourself, did I end up sending the minister that email 2day.

Russ

Please forward me the exact information regarding the richmond river catch. My position as nsw president of the Australian Institute of Horticulture ensures a reply from ministers regardless of the topic.

:1yikes: Bet you never thought a clown like me has a serious side

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

:1prop:

:1badmood: the slaughter took place at Woodburn-----I know 2 locals who along with about 10 Woodburn guys who fished in the slaughter area on Sat nite-----not 1 jew was caught----my Lennox mates snagged 1 piddly little bream for 4 hours effort----------------I cant work out why they had such a crap session!!!!!!!!!!--------I sent off a 2 page scathing letter to the local minister last friday----I'll be interested to see if I even get a reply--------- :badair: --rockworm---- :ranting2:

53747[/snapback]

:1prop: just for info-I got a reply to my letter from Don Page-the local MP at Ballina-----its very generally worded as you would expect-but at least I got a reply------part quote"I have read your comments in regards to the proposed marine park and in particular the generally responsible approach taken by amateur fishers-I will certainlykeep your comments in mind during future discussions on the issue"-

in the meantime-------front page local news plus first topic on tonites local TV---pros buying back into the industry after getting a payout for their license via un used licenses--------I do not blame the pros-its all the Governments fault for not doing their job properly-in the real world-heads would roll--- :badair: --Gregg

Guest johblow

Gregg, that is fair-dinkum amazing. What a joke. I dont feel like buying fishing licenses anymore...