Boatless in concord

tasksta

Hi all

I have been fortunate fishing on mates boats the last few years with some awesome trips. However they all now have young families and priorities have changed, and i still have no boat!

I'm free every Saturday as the boss works and happy to go anywhere really but partial to harbour and hawkesburuy. Will always split costs and can supply Coca cola And coffee as I work for CCA. Have my own gear and always respect the captain and help clean boat and fish afterwards.

Feel free to PM me for a chat, would be also good to meet locals as I'm new to the Inner west.

Cheers

Paul

• 4 weeks later...

My MRS only said yesterday I should get one lol.

How much am I looking at?

Would love to get started!

Where do you frequent?

Cheers

Paul

Hey Paul,

get a decent kayak. You will be dissappointed if you get a crappy one.

Budget around $1500 for a half decent one. Hobie mirage drive yaks will be around $2000+.

Secondhand will be around $200-500 cheaper, and is a very good option.

Once you have confidence with your kayak, you can pretty much go where ever you want so long as the conditions are suitable and safe and within your abilities. Your typical range depends on your fitness but a comfortable morning paddle/peddle would be around 5-10Km. Therefore Sydney Harbour Lower/Upper and Middle harbour are all ideal places to kayak fish. Long Reef and Clovelly is also popular amongst the kayak fishers.

I get more satisfaction catching fish from my yak than I do from the boat.

Hope that helps,

J

Hey Mate

I am always looking for some one to go out with, my crew really are not that keen - i have a 4.9m Haines half cabin with a 90... I am no pro by any means but learning so if you are keen to go halves in daily cost and bring your own gear would be keen to go for a fish...

i am only around the corner @ Mortlake would normally put the boat in at Drummoyne so would be pretty easy to coordinate.

Any way drop me a line if you are interested...

Cheers Jaye