Mix Bag with my son

Basil D

been a while since I last posted, and been out only 3 times in 4 months :bump0ee: yep Gone stale without fishing but Happy to back on the water again ,

Today was too good to miss and went out with my Son Christo (spinner7), Left home at 6.30 in the morning and Oh my Goodness, was Great to hear my outboard start up again and feel the ocean air, we Headed out to a not so secrete spot just near little Marley for our squid and got 7 in 1/2 hour and then dead, nothing at all, just went of the bite, not to worry 7 squid my mouth was watering, by the way I Only got two, the smallest squids and my son got the rest, kicked my but, we then headed of for some fathead and found plenty of smaller version and only managed to good flatties, yep my son got em, Gotta be happy for him kicking his old mans but all over the sea.

We ended getting sick of the little guys and headed to our reef spots and all produced nothing so we searched some other spots and ended up in middle ground were we got 10 jackets, two pigs (pinkies ) wrasse, cods and parrots )packed at 1pm as we had enough fish and headed home, bathed cleaned the boat, dinner and dinner was ready before my wife got home and she walked in saying wow calamari and chips and Squid sushimi were did you buy them from :risata: Gotta love my misus :yahoo:

post-8352-068170900 1324545109_thumb.jpg

post-8352-027179000 1324545127_thumb.jpg

post-8352-084992800 1324545140_thumb.jpg

post-8352-049345000 1324545157_thumb.jpg

post-8352-063592100 1324545175_thumb.jpg

post-8352-005983900 1324545297_thumb.jpg

post-8352-067685800 1324545307_thumb.jpg

Edited by Groper

Way To go Groper,

Nothing beats a fresh feed of fish & quality time with your son,

Must have been a good feeling getting back out there, I know myself once im on top of things Ill be out there too.

also hows the outboard running after the re-build?

Regards,

Nathan

Top mixed bag :1fishing1:

Nothing tastes better than cooking up a fresh feed of seafood caught the same day .

Bet its great to be back out and about , Good work guys

Chris.

you bets its great to be back :D it was stressful time with my Brother :( at least we have closure and can move forward now :(

Edited by Groper

Way To go Groper,

Nothing beats a fresh feed of fish & quality time with your son,

Must have been a good feeling getting back out there, I know myself once im on top of things Ill be out there too.

also hows the outboard running after the re-build?

Regards,

Nathan

Thanks Nathan, the motor is running great, had a slight problem last time with the spark but was a bit of corrosion built up, otherwise hasn't missed a beat and running really nicely :thumbup:

Hey Basil,

you finally got out and wet a line.

Or should I say, your son wet it for you.

I think the 'grass-hopper' has snatched the pebble from the master's hand....

Very nice bag of mixed seafood.

And great to see the boat's up-and-running again.

I look forward to seeing more of your reports of you netting you son's fish.:biggrin2:

I'm sure you were taught everything he knows...:074:

Catch up soon.

Tony

Hey Basil,

you finally got out and wet a line.

Or should I say, your son wet it for you.

I think the 'grass-hopper' has snatched the pebble from the master's hand....

Very nice bag of mixed seafood.

And great to see the boat's up-and-running again.

I look forward to seeing more of your reports of you netting you son's fish.:biggrin2:

I'm sure you were taught everything he knows...:074:

Catch up soon.

Tony

Thanks Tony, you the Funny is my son picked the squid jig and he got the hang of it instantly while it took me a while to know how to that jig.

Thanks Nathan, the motor is running great, had a slight problem last time with the spark but was a bit of corrosion built up, otherwise hasn't missed a beat and running really nicely :thumbup:

That's good to Hear Basil,

At least now you can get back on the water doing what you do best!

Regards,

Nathan