Swansea land based

tasksta

Hey raiders

heading up to Swansea with the old man tomorrow.

He loves his rock fishing but I love the SP's, we are both new to the area and keen as!

From what i can see on the maps the fishing looks quite varied.

Could anyone recommend:

1. A good rock fishing location to keep him happy? Is the breakwall any good?

2. A good sandy spot to flick SP's in the afternoon to keep me happy? Looks quite sandy near the bridge?

Not looking for 'spot X' but a generalistaion to have a go and get stuck in.

Welcome to join us if anyone around.

thanks

Paul

Hey raiders

heading up to Swansea with the old man tomorrow.

He loves his rock fishing but I love the SP's, we are both new to the area and keen as!

From what i can see on the maps the fishing looks quite varied.

Could anyone recommend:

1. A good rock fishing location to keep him happy? Is the breakwall any good?

2. A good sandy spot to flick SP's in the afternoon to keep me happy? Looks quite sandy near the bridge?

Not looking for 'spot X' but a generalistaion to have a go and get stuck in.

Welcome to join us if anyone around.

thanks

Paul

I would be very dubious at the moment with rock fishing I would not like to suggest anywhere with the ground swell at the moment if you are new to an area you will frequently fish I'd suggest spending even 1/2 a day watching it the lake would be a much wiser alternative but iether side off the swansea bridge should be good iether side of the low/high water 1hr before 1hr after would be most productive after that there is too much run in the tide and that area could be quite renowned at times for kingfish/jewy's,,have a look into that it's a much safer alternative untill the sea backs off.

I did check the swell and looked like it had dropped off but will take your advice. Would the break wall be much safer/calmer than caves beach rocks?

Totally open to any other areas you can recommend.

Thanks!

how did you?? what did you end up doing?? I fish down catherin hill way sometimes but its a bit of a hard slog these days to get anywhere.

Hi Nemu

Sorry I really should follow up on reports!

Got to the break wall about 10am and caught multiple under sized bream for a good start.

Unfortunately that was it apart from two massive octopus which were a big surprise.

Wind picked up so left about 2pm.

As usual we got there too late. Guys leaving at 10am had several decent break and one guy had a bucket of monster black fish.

Will return earlier next time as was a great spot but need to learn the blackfish basics first I think.

Cheers

Paul