Happy Jew Year

jenno64

Collected some fat poddies yesterday arvo with a plan to hit the Georges on New Years Morning while the punters slept off hangovers. It was eerie driving down to launch the yak as I only saw a few cars on the road and noone out and about at the ramp. Launched at 6:45am, hit one of my deep water flatty spots and put out a large and a small poddy on the last of the run out. Second drift and the heavier rod goes off ...head shakes and a few spirited runs and up comes a 75cm jew! I lip grip her and slide her on board. Into the hatch! Next drift, the rod with a big poddy goes off and this fish went harder and came in at 71cm - almost a pigeon pair and this all before 7:30am! While I fought the jew, the light rod bends over and a 45cm flathead comes in. I did a couple more drifts then moved over to another spot where I picked up 3 more flatties up to 50cm and released a few more smaller ones. Got to love it when a plan comes together! A great way to start the year and it was the quietest Sunday morning on the water I have ever experienced. The menu is now set for tomorrow's BBQ!post-4017-023529800 1325380447_thumb.jpgpost-4017-018406800 1325380582_thumb.jpgpost-4017-056481300 1325380499_thumb.jpgpost-4017-090102100 1325380488_thumb.jpg

Collected some fat poddies yesterday arvo with a plan to hit the Georges on New Years Morning while the punters slept off hangovers. It was eerie driving down to launch the yak as I only saw a few cars on the road and noone out and about at the ramp. Launched at 6:45am, hit one of my deep water flatty spots and put out a large and a small poddy on the last of the run out. Second drift and the heavier rod goes off ...head shakes and a few spirited runs and up comes a 75cm jew! I lip grip her and slide her on board. Into the hatch! Next drift, the rod with a big poddy goes off and this fish went harder and came in at 71cm - almost a pigeon pair and this all before 7:30am! While I fought the jew, the light rod bends over and a 45cm flathead comes in. I did a couple more drifts then moved over to another spot where I picked up 3 more flatties up to 50cm and released a few more smaller ones. Got to love it when a plan comes together! A great way to start the year and it was the quietest Sunday morning on the water I have ever experienced. The menu is now set for tomorrow's BBQ!post-4017-023529800 1325380447_thumb.jpgpost-4017-018406800 1325380582_thumb.jpgpost-4017-056481300 1325380499_thumb.jpgpost-4017-090102100 1325380488_thumb.jpg

great catch jenno, i was in georges also this morn and bagged myself a 670 jew. my baits were going off actually (squid - caught last night), had four runs, two dropped baits, two hookups, but only one jew unfortunately. the second hook up and fight got me snagged around me anchor rope and it was a better fish. all in all a great start to the new year.

happy new year mate

Mick

great effort on not getting hammered and sleeping in like most of us lol great fish aswell mate. quick question ive been fishing the georges for years but never keep anything is te river as bad as its made out to be, eating wise ?

cheers hamerz.

If you dont mind me asking where and how did u catch your poddies ive been trying to for 2 days with no luck?

Thanks

great catch jenno, i was in georges also this morn and bagged myself a 670 jew. my baits were going off actually (squid - caught last night), had four runs, two dropped baits, two hookups, but only one jew unfortunately. the second hook up and fight got me snagged around me anchor rope and it was a better fish. all in all a great start to the new year.

happy new year mate

Mick

Mick,

It was a great morning to be out....bugger all boats and the last of the run out always works for me! Bad luck about the dropped fish but get out there again in the next couple of days and I think you will do OK!

Thanks for your comments Raiders!

Somethin' fishy, I have a 5 Yo old Hobie Outback and it does me fine.....although I'm looking at getting a small boat to allow me to get out further afield!

Spooled,

I get my poddies from the flats around the bridges or in the small feeder creeks nearby.

Pete,

I still had a hangover ( didn't crash until 1:30am) but I snuck in a 3 hour sleep this arvo!

hamerz,

I eat fish from the Georges and all three of my eyes work fine!

James,

It was a good catch up and we should all get out on a more regular basis.

Greg,

I'm enjoying the lounge right now!

Happy new year everyone!

Great stuff, what a rewarding session.

Well Done