Hawksbury Today

scareb77

Hi Raiders

Out in mates boat for day. Started with livies at Little Pitt water bay. 1/2 dozen in 15 - 20 mins. Burlied up with pillies. The headed out for a troll past barrajoey but nothing. Then back to Juno for 1 hour. Only a small hammer head shark and just legal flathead - on prawn (king prawns bought from fish shop - just peel and bring home whats not used). Then back over to the south head land of Little Pitt Water Bay - around 20 metres from shore. Caught around 15 undersized jewies (around 35cms) - on pillies and prawn plus a 46cm flathead on pillie plus a huge travelly - around 55cms but plently thick - on prawn. Then headed down little shark point for really very little.

Overall great day but gees there was some boats out on the water.

Cheers

Steve B

Hi Raiders

Out in mates boat for day. Started with livies at Little Pitt water bay. 1/2 dozen in 15 - 20 mins. Burlied up with pillies. The headed out for a troll past barrajoey but nothing. Then back to Juno for 1 hour. Only a small hammer head shark and just legal flathead - on prawn (king prawns bought from fish shop - just peel and bring home whats not used). Then back over to the south head land of Little Pitt Water Bay - around 20 metres from shore. Caught around 15 undersized jewies (around 35cms) - on pillies and prawn plus a 46cm flathead on pillie plus a huge travelly - around 55cms but plently thick - on prawn. Then headed down little shark point for really very little.

Overall great day but gees there was some boats out on the water.

Cheers

Steve B

Hi,

I have only joined this site last night, I'm heading to the Hawkesbury tomorrow with a few mates. We are looking for a spot to catch live bait near the Brooklyn Marina. Does anyone have any good spots to share??

Hi,

I have only joined this site last night, I'm heading to the Hawkesbury tomorrow with a few mates. We are looking for a spot to catch live bait near the Brooklyn Marina. Does anyone have any good spots to share??

Welcome to fishraider

Also try checking out our search function to get access to the many posts with info about that location :biggrin2:

Hi,

I have not tried Brooklyn for live bait so i will be interested to hear how you go. I have always got my live bait near patonga and the beach before patonga just after Juno point. You will need to berley up to find them and they are not always there. There were some last night though so i would think they will still be there tomorrow. Good luck it was very quiet for us with few bites around the bridges but the big fish we caught made it all worth it.