Forster 2011 - 2012

cut_loose

Hey guys, i got back yesterday from my 2 week yearly holiday at Forster.

Life is hard when this is how you spend your Christmas Day, this is the view from our Campervan.

-82.jpg

And the boat ramp is no more then 50 meters away. 5:30 every (most haha) mornings i would wheel my tinny down on the tinny wheels and head out for a fish.

-60.jpg

-3.jpg

-106.jpg

Most mornings looked like this

-64.jpg

And got better as the sun came up

-58.jpg

There wouldn't be a more relaxing way to spend a morning

-75.jpg

Got a few nice Flathead around the 50cm mark over the 2 weeks

-7.jpg

And the biggest one i got was 60cm

-17.jpg

This was one of my better mornings fishing

-26-1.jpg

Edited by quintrex101

Got some nice bream around 30cm

-31.jpg

-32.jpg

-85.jpg

Even got some Flathead landbased

-72.jpg

-74.jpg

And over the 2 weeks ended up with around 8 legal Mud Crabs

-43.jpg

-104.jpg

-102.jpg

-114.jpg

I had a very good holiday and i really enjoyed this one. Half the day fishing, the other half swimming, or running a muck with my mates, friends, and some girls. I could not have asked for more and i am really disappointed to be home haha, but we're booked in next year again. So the count down starts !

Sorry for not having a detailed report, the days were long and i can't even remember half the mornings i spent fishing. There was too many ! but i got 18gb worth of fishing videos recorded on my camera so i'll make a video or 2 up and post them on youtube as soon as possible !

Cheers and hope you enjoyed my report.

well done mate seems like the xmas holiday i wish i had instead of working... good feed of flathead i remember i used to visit the oldies up in forster keys and fish for flathead of the jetty endless suply of flathead up there

:thumbup:

Hi ya Quinnie

That's a Great spot you were staying at, over on the water at Tuncurry!! You've got access to some of the best oyster leases in Tuncurry as well as very productive flats for bream & whiting. That is some of my favourite yak fishing areas! No need to drive anywhere - just roll the boat or yak to the water's edge & get going! Top flattie area there, too,

Just make sure everything is locked up & not 'relocatable' ...... just in case of Low Life's!!

There's a mad bunch of kayakers that will be staying there in mid March - so anyone wanting to join us in a yakking weekend, shoot me a PM re dates etc.

Well done on your catches - those muddies look terrific! I've only ever seen the one In Wallis Lake & wasn't quick enough to turn around & grab it in the net, as it was only in 1ft of water!

Well done!!

Roberta

I've been home bound since Xmas with a hip injury - OMG - am I over it already!!1badmood.gif

Hi Roberta

You're not wrong there ! to be honest i got all my fish within no more then a 5 minute boat drive from the park. I got most of my Flathead around those racks !

I was trying to call you while i was up there but i have a new phone with no numbers and with hardly any access to the internet i wasn't able to get in contact with you. I was spewing about that but it sounds like you wouldn't have been able to head out anyway. I hope your hip gets well soon so you can get some of those fish ! if you ever want Muddies, when i'm up Forster next i'll show you some of my spots i have found and if i can catch a few i'll give you one ! if you like eating Muddies that is

....i'll show you some of my spots i have found and if i can catch a few i'll give you one ! if you like eating Muddies that is...

Oooooh, Sounds terrific! yum yum!! Yeah - great part of the lake to stay - that little supermarket is so handy for hamburgers & stuff too!

I've only ever spotted one muddy in a small bay in Forster & I wasn't quick enough to chuck a "uie'' & net it!! It was in about 1ft of water!

cheerio - let us know next time you are coming up! :)

Roberta

I honed my yak & flattie skills in the racks there!! biggrin2.gif

Edited by Roberta

Gday mate well done hope you & the rest of the family had a good time I love Foster I grew up there & go back every couple of years with my family for a holiday & they love it. Im a bit jelous about your Xmas cause I had to work through the Xmas period but what a way to spend it at foster & fishing, hey i love the pumpkin seed colour in lures for flaties it realy works a treat for them. Say hi to the rest of the family for me & Lisa, cheers mate & keep those lines tight champ

....i'll show you some of my spots i have found and if i can catch a few i'll give you one ! if you like eating Muddies that is...

Oooooh, Sounds terrific! yum yum!! Yeah - great part of the lake to stay - that little supermarket is so handy for hamburgers & stuff too!

I've only ever spotted one muddy in a small bay in Forster & I wasn't quick enough to chuck a "uie'' & net it!! It was in about 1ft of water!

cheerio - let us know next time you are coming up! :)

Roberta

I honed my yak & flattie skills in the racks there!! biggrin2.gif

My dad mentioned a bream comp up at Forster in a few months so i might be up there for that ! in the morning and the afternoon after the comp i should be setting crab traps and checking them, so i'll take you for a run in my boat and show you the spots and try and get some Mud Crabs for your dinner ! you'll be surprised, they are closer then you think. I'll PM you before i come up.

Gday mate well done hope you & the rest of the family had a good time I love Foster I grew up there & go back every couple of years with my family for a holiday & they love it. Im a bit jelous about your Xmas cause I had to work through the Xmas period but what a way to spend it at foster & fishing, hey i love the pumpkin seed colour in lures for flaties it realy works a treat for them. Say hi to the rest of the family for me & Lisa, cheers mate & keep those lines tight champ

Thanks mate, Forster is a top spot and we've been going up every year for 5 years. We'll be going that for many years to come i am sure of it. Those Atomic plastics in Pumpkin Seed are always my first 'go to' lure.. I got a 40cm Flattie down at Windang today on one infact. I said hi to the family and they said hello back :)

:1fishing1::1yikes: hey,sweet report i was up there the same time and i was helping you catching potty mullet , noah,reply if you rerember me ,im always on my father fish raider :) kthnksbye

Yeah, of course i remember you haha, that's good man :) of course i will

Thanks guys, sure did Flano, best tip is to fish early in the morning when there is no wind, that's when i got 80% of my fish

Great. I used to be one of the Ironman athletes competing in Forster each year in April/May so getting there and fishing will be different - but extremely rewarding. Just to rub salt into the wound, I will be fishing in Broome for a week prior to heading to Forster.

Ahhhhhh,, bliss :sun::fish_h4h::1fishing1:

Edited by Flano