boring

Benzeenees

Is there anything more boring than trolling for trout? We were told to troll at 3km an hour or less. All these boats zooming around Lake Jindabyne at glacial speed, catching nothing! At a shop we were told that Jindy was a bit slow at the moment but that they were leaping into the boats at Eucumbene. So off to Buckenderra and the longest boat ramp in Christendom. With a breeze behind us we were churning up the water at 4km per hour - so into reverse we went and we were down to 2.7km per hour. And like everyone else we met we caught - nothing! All the fisherpeople up there - and there are heaps of them - must be brain dead. Back to the flathead off Moruya Heads for me.

Is there anything more boring than trolling for trout? We were told to troll at 3km an hour or less. All these boats zooming around Lake Jindabyne at glacial speed, catching nothing! At a shop we were told that Jindy was a bit slow at the moment but that they were leaping into the boats at Eucumbene. So off to Buckenderra and the longest boat ramp in Christendom. With a breeze behind us we were churning up the water at 4km per hour - so into reverse we went and we were down to 2.7km per hour. And like everyone else we met we caught - nothing! All the fisherpeople up there - and there are heaps of them - must be brain dead. Back to the flathead off Moruya Heads for me.

Fresh water fishing is a different animal to salt water fishing & can be very quiet at times but catching a fish is just a bonus.......& im sure spending the weekend with the in-laws has to rate as more boring haha

Just take up fly fishing! Nothing more frustrating than throwing your entire fly box at a trophy brown in a river and not getting it to budge for a look but definately not boring challenging yes! More boring deep sea fishing with a pound of lead in 200 metres of water with whipper snipper cord for line yes definately rates as boring!

I'm not saying trout fishing is boring - just creeping around big lakes for hours on end without seeing a fish. I used to fish a lot in the Goodradigbee and the Eucumbene. Big fish at times. Best was an 8 ib (3.7 kg) brown in fast water below a waterfall.