trailer boat game fishing

brickman

raiders started at south head trolling for bonito for skip baits trolled to roser gully for zip[to early i think]and then started the run to the 12 mile it was pritty sloppy so what the hell put the spead out early as we were only doing 8kn anyway we were heading towards a fuel tanker ship hoping for a few dollys and only 3km off south head ping goes the rubber band on the out rigger and well you know the rest a short fight off 20min and a nice little stripe is boat side few pics and he swam free we hooked up at 6.45am the plan was to be at the 12 mile on high tide

saw magoo at the 12 mile mate i hope you did well and headed back early as neil forgot to take seasick pills and was looking a pale shade off green :biggrin2: got a few stripys near the heads but that was it check out the bill on the stripe must be an old war wound

ps were fishing out off a 5 meter savage scopion cuddy cab with clears you just have to pick your days to go game fishing

cheers gary

post-6655-026907900 1327127778_thumb.jpg

post-6655-053685200 1327127806_thumb.jpg

post-6655-009514500 1327127826_thumb.jpg

post-6655-042393900 1327127841_thumb.jpg

Great surprize there. still waiting to get one off those to stay hooked .Is the lure in the photo a sprocket Lumo . If so they seem to get a lot of action on this site. It might be time to invest as they cost a few bickies to buy but seem well worth it . Did you get into any dollies as its nearly time .

Great surprize there. still waiting to get one off those to stay hooked .Is the lure in the photo a sprocket Lumo . If so they seem to get a lot of action on this site. It might be time to invest as they cost a few bickies to buy but seem well worth it . Did you get into any dollies as its nearly time .

the lure was a richter lures zulu-m and we didn't get any dollys also every marlin we have caught over the last 12months have been on williamson lures in yellow orange and green there not over priced just buy the fold up kit but i would rerig them cheers gary

Mate your on fire lately. That colour lure also did most of the damage on blues in Vanauta recently.

Cheers

Mike

Can't believe you got those fish so close to the heads

What am I doing wrong last few trips been to 12 mile

And back with striped tuna the best. Any tips?

Can't believe you got those fish so close to the heads

What am I doing wrong last few trips been to 12 mile

And back with striped tuna the best. Any tips?

mate i'm pritty new to game fishing this is my second year also i'm shore it more ass than class but a few facts

1'last year we got 3 marlin off deewhy wide all with in 500 meters off each uther on 3 diferant trips no structure no bait on the sounder but after talking to al mcglashon there seams to be a big currant eddy in the area

2;you never know when you will cross paths with a marlin so do the miles and i never bring in the spread till i'm in between the heads last year we lost a big wahoo 600meters off south head and had a marlin hit the teaser off blue fish point a small black i think as there were a few around in close that day

we use a flock off birds teaser with 6 birds and run a small lure 3 meters behind it thats the one that worked last season and we got all 3 marlin on that lure this year they have been hitting the lure on the out rigger that is set back the furthest

for me marlin fishing is pure maths we don't get marlin every trip about 1 in 5 but i get a buzz from any fish that makes the reel scream and still like catching strippys so when i go game fishing i go with the atitude off a good dolly will make my day and anything else is a bonus

malin fishing can be boring as bat shit then when it does happen all hell breaks loose and you get a rush that keeps you coming backfor more cheers gary

mate i'm pritty new to game fishing this is my second year also i'm shore it more ass than class but a few facts

1'last year we got 3 marlin off deewhy wide all with in 500 meters off each uther on 3 diferant trips no structure no bait on the sounder but after talking to al mcglashon there seams to be a big currant eddy in the area

2;you never know when you will cross paths with a marlin so do the miles and i never bring in the spread till i'm in between the heads last year we lost a big wahoo 600meters off south head and had a marlin hit the teaser off blue fish point a small black i think as there were a few around in close that day

we use a flock off birds teaser with 6 birds and run a small lure 3 meters behind it thats the one that worked last season and we got all 3 marlin on that lure this year they have been hitting the lure on the out rigger that is set back the furthest

for me marlin fishing is pure maths we don't get marlin every trip about 1 in 5 but i get a buzz from any fish that makes the reel scream and still like catching strippys so when i go game fishing i go with the atitude off a good dolly will make my day and anything else is a bonus

malin fishing can be boring as bat shit then when it does happen all hell breaks loose and you get a rush that keeps you coming backfor more cheers gary

Great information there Gary. I am no Game fisherman but your approach and obvious buzz you get is cool.

Cheers Dave

Great fish....something I have been dreaming about for many years.

How did u get started? Did u do a lot of reading and asking questions or just get out and give it ago?

I am looking at starting this winter aiming for a tuna to get experience outside in the calmer weather, then try for a marlin when the water heats up. Am I on the right path?

Great fish....something I have been dreaming about for many years.

How did u get started? Did u do a lot of reading and asking questions or just get out and give it ago?

I am looking at starting this winter aiming for a tuna to get experience outside in the calmer weather, then try for a marlin when the water heats up. Am I on the right path?

Cowboy, Hope Garry doesn't mind me jumping in. But i can answer a few questions you require. Game fishing chasing marlin etc is no longer as hard as it was once, as the reliability of smaller boats is a lot greater. As long as you pick yours days in regard to sea conditions.Dont be scared to just jump in as long as you have read the basics the rest you will learn as you go. I have been a Game Fishermen for a long time now and still get blown away after certain days. After winning a few Marlin comps as Crew and also Angler i now know i will learn every time you go out. It is just a learning curve that wont stop. Your approach is good if it suits your skill set. But if your a fisho you will excel quickly if you just keep listening and asking questions. At present Marlin are in close so this is a perfect opportunity.

:1fishing1:

Cowboy, Hope Garry doesn't mind me jumping in. But i can answer a few questions you require. Game fishing chasing marlin etc is no longer as hard as it was once, as the reliability of smaller boats is a lot greater. As long as you pick yours days in regard to sea conditions.Dont be scared to just jump in as long as you have read the basics the rest you will learn as you go. I have been a Game Fishermen for a long time now and still get blown away after certain days. After winning a few Marlin comps as Crew and also Angler i now know i will learn every time you go out. It is just a learning curve that wont stop. Your approach is good if it suits your skill set. But if your a fisho you will excel quickly if you just keep listening and asking questions. At present Marlin are in close so this is a perfect opportunity.

Thanks heaps!

As soon as the weather is right I will poke my nose out wide. Fingers crossed I will have something to report in the coming weeks :)

could not have said it better my self :biggrin2: everything you need to know is hear you just have to ask i started fishing for flattys went to kings and now marlin all with info from people on this site gotta love fishraider cheers gary

raiders started at south head trolling for bonito for skip baits trolled to roser gully for zip[to early i think]and then started the run to the 12 mile it was pritty sloppy so what the hell put the spead out early as we were only doing 8kn anyway we were heading towards a fuel tanker ship hoping for a few dollys and only 3km off south head ping goes the rubber band on the out rigger and well you know the rest a short fight off 20min and a nice little stripe is boat side few pics and he swam free we hooked up at 6.45am the plan was to be at the 12 mile on high tide

saw magoo at the 12 mile mate i hope you did well and headed back early as neil forgot to take seasick pills and was looking a pale shade off green :biggrin2: got a few stripys near the heads but that was it check out the bill on the stripe must be an old war wound

ps were fishing out off a 5 meter savage scopion cuddy cab with clears you just have to pick your days to go game fishing

cheers gary

Nice fish Gary. Do you mean a Horizon 525 Scorpion Cuddy Cabin?

Fish of dreams there Garry. Thanks for the info on Williamson lures..How fast should you troll these lures?

mate it depends on conditions but 6kn to 8 kn is a good speed all you wont to see is a splash and a good trail off air bubbles if the lure is launching and getting air or skipping on the surface your going to fast

Nice fish Gary. Do you mean a Horizon 525 Scorpion Cuddy Cabin?

were in a savage scorpion 5 meter with bimini and clears aluminium hull and a 75 two stroke merk i have 100% trust in the boat and donk[ huewett service] and all the safty gear but i'm also very carefull about when we go out for me this is how it has to be

swell; under 1.5 meters with a min 8 second pulse

wind; 15kn max the less the better if its going to blow out i'm in before it is predicted

never if thunder storm are on the cards

b/p above 1016 i will fish under this b/p but prefer 1016 and over

bad weather coming from the west is something i'm very carefull about because by the time you see it it's to late you have to go back in through it and that can be very risky in a small boat

were in a savage scorpion 5 meter with bimini and clears aluminium hull and a 75 two stroke merk i have 100% trust in the boat and donk[ huewett service] and all the safty gear but i'm also very carefull about when we go out for me this is how it has to be

swell; under 1.5 meters with a min 8 second pulse

wind; 15kn max the less the better if its going to blow out i'm in before it is predicted

never if thunder storm are on the cards

b/p above 1016 i will fish under this b/p but prefer 1016 and over

bad weather coming from the west is something i'm very carefull about because by the time you see it it's to late you have to go back in through it and that can be very risky in a small boat

Hi Gary

Can u explain or point me in the right direction of what you mean by a 8 second pulse. I am assuming if the swell is 1.5m it is generally bearable as long as there is enough distance between each swell.

Great post