Sx 40 Eco Gear Price!?

jeffo

was looking around a tackle store on the sunshine coast yesterday and asked if they had the sx40's ken has been getting all his bream on. they said "yep" and he turned around and grabbed a few of the colours from where they were hung behind the counter (next to the jackals i must add). excellent i thought, i might grab one or two to give them a shot. then i took a look at the price......$23.95 :1yikes: i quickly told the bloke he can put them back behind the counter on their rack.

thats my little gripe....now my question, why the bloody hell does a 2-3cm lure cost over 20 bucks?? its not hand crafted or anything is it?? you pay less for a halco laser pro 190 and its about 10 times the size. are we paying for import fees? name?? reputation??

if this has breached any site rules ken please remove it.

one of the noosa stores ken, i wont mention names on here for obvious reasons. looks like ill have to make a trip to caloundra fishing world. 16.50 is a bit more reasonable. funny they are so much more expensive on them up in noosa, everything else is pretty well priced and on par with most other stores around :wacko:

Darren's price for SX-40's is very competitive ... I buy mine at a local tackle store in Brissy. He charges $18.95 but then gives you 10% discount when you buy 5 lures and 20% when you buy 10 or more lures! :1yikes:

SX-48's are $20.95 ... same discounts apply. I just like the fact that he always has them in stock and ALL the colours. :1prop::yahoo:

Atleast at Caloundra you don't lose to many lures to snags .... once Ken starts jagging and pulling the last few sunken crab pots out that is!! :wacko:

Jeffo, stop shopping at the Noosa boutiques you bloody yuppy! :074::074:

You could always order them from ABA. :1naughty:

Herby

I just brought 2 from freddy's fishing world newcastle-- and paid 21.95 each, he only had 5 colours and no sx 48, said he was going to see how these ones sold.. i said that's why they don't sell any because you don't buy the range and people go else where. 16.95--- hmm saw me coming!!!!

Both the 40's & 48's cast very well for the weight of them. Its all down to the rattle / weight in them. If you look at the clearer models where the rattles are visible you notice the rear one can roll to the back of the lure. It does that when you cast & puts a little weight where you need it & stablilizes the lure in the air.

The SX's rarely foul the line during the cast & go further than Mirashads & the like by several metres.

SX-48's are $17.90 at my local shop.

I went into the same shop at noosa the other day when I was up there. When i asked him how much they where I told him to leave them there, he only had 2 colours anyway. At the time the store was having a massive stocktake and I could still get them a lot cheaper at Caloundra.

Gaven

Pete, there's a link to the ABA website at the top of the page.

55033[/snapback]

Thanks Swoff,

but it doesn't include a website or email contact. Just a phone number and the street address. Penrith is a day's march for me and could only get there on weekends when I would much rather be out on the water.

I was hoping to order them over the Net.

I'll just have to ring them.

Cheers

pete

Guest Jocool
Thanks Swoff,

but it doesn't include a website or email contact. Just a phone number and the street address. Penrith is a day's march for me and could only get there on weekends when I would much rather be out on the water.

I was hoping to order them over the Net.

I'll just have to ring them.

Cheers

pete

55144[/snapback]

Pete, they are happy to mail order for you. From all reports their mail order is superb. Second to none! :thumbup:

Edited by Jocool

The 40s sure are a fine looking lure, didnt score any fish on them last week on my first try with them, but didnt give them that much of a go. As Ken said, they cast well and the action and dive on them is superb. I bought mine from Drummoyne because I was in a hurry, they were around $17, next time I might order from ABA though.