Landbased forum?

rikkigilbey

I think 90% of reports from boats is a little far fetched, there are a lot of reports from both land based and boats from what i'm seeing.

I believe the "land based reports" section has been mentioned, see what admin come up with. The problem I see is reports going in wrong sections just like general fishing chat finds it way into reports sections and then admin/mods spend ages sorting it out.

yeh i have brought this up before. As a dedicated landbased fisho i would love to see its own section. I cant see why you wouldnt have one, it seperates all the reports to make it easier for all users. Im all for it

Not so much a landbased forum but the Rock fihing safety forum has a load of spots if your inclined to rockhopping it mentions some safer inside rock spots have a look mentions target species etc. But if you look in fishing reports I see theres quite an even spread for both land and boat based in reality I catch 99% of my fish land based and it costs loads less! Reprotd in wrong sections happen theres a trout report in the fishing reports it could go either here or in the freshwater section! Theres always a crossover I think mentioning in a report title if its land or boat would help when sifitng through reports.

Edited by luderick -angler

i dont see why we need to divide the forum up any more... I like looking at the various reports but its already getting too seperated... Thers fishing reports, freshwater, lure and fly, game...i have to click on 4 differnet folders already just to see whats going on! Fishraider is cool because there is a sense of community in the forums but every time you fragment it it gets smaller and smaller in a way.

Hi all,

I agree that it's interesting to read all the reports boat and land as it give you a feel of what's happening in the area generally. What may be a useful habit for posters to get into is in the topic description field is to prefix "land" or "boat" and add to this if you want. Just a thought.

Jim...

I don't know too much about the back-end of these forums, but is it possible to add a 'tag' function to posts? That would help people search more quickly. i.e. you might hit the 'landbased' or 'rockfishing' and 'kingfish' tag to drill down to the posts that you are interested in. Saves having to divide the content up. Don't know if it is possible here.

Hrgh

I don't know too much about the back-end of these forums, but is it possible to add a 'tag' function to posts? That would help people search more quickly. i.e. you might hit the 'landbased' or 'rockfishing' and 'kingfish' tag to drill down to the posts that you are interested in. Saves having to divide the content up. Don't know if it is possible here.

Hrgh

We've got the search function at the top right of the page that does just that job. :thumbup:

It's a very useful tool that members can use to find a huge amount of info by using it.

Cheers,

Grant.

Using tags goes further by suggesting to users what the most likely tags, or search terms, are, making the search easier.

Hrgh

We've got the search function at the top right of the page that does just that job. :thumbup:

It's a very useful tool that members can use to find a huge amount of info by using it.

Cheers,

Grant.