One big happy moment...

hottyscotty

A late report and probably not even worth while but this could be for the FR record.

2 weeks ago i was fishing off Dee Why rocks for drummer. It was a long morning. No bites except from leatheries and pickers. Then suddenly i felt a hard pull thinking finally got a drummer and feeling very happy. Well happy alright! Got myself one of the largest happy moments i've seen. The knife measures 36cm so i guess its just under 39cm. Wasn't going to get my brag mat to measure it properly. It was one of the biggest disappointmnet that day. It was caught on peeled prawn. I cut the line over water and let it go.

That was it for the rest of the session. Not a drummer could be found that morning...not even a juvie.

post-3052-029914900 1328841856_thumb.jpg

wow i havnt caught one of those in years. We used to catch them at watsons bay rocks, but they just seemed to vanish. i'd love to know where you got it as its my grandparents favourite eating fish.

wow i havnt caught one of those in years. We used to catch them at watsons bay rocks, but they just seemed to vanish. i'd love to know where you got it as its my grandparents favourite eating fish.

AEG swansea breakwall is full of them i few thumpers have been caught there this year off the breakwall i saw one 45cm+ they are top fish and a good fight too well done scotty

Its real name is Black Rabbitfish. Its not a true Trevally. Though they have some resemblance, guess thats why they're called Black Trevally. They're also called Happy Moments, don't know why and not willing to find out.

They have venom in their spines, hence not wanting to handle them.

This bad boy was caught from Dee Why. Lately there have been a few around the area but none this big.

Its real name is Black Rabbitfish. Its not a true Trevally. Though they have some resemblance, guess thats why they're called Black Trevally. They're also called Happy Moments, don't know why and not willing to find out.

This bad boy was caught from Dee Why. Lately there have been a few around the area but none this big.

Have been spiked a couple of times by them, it's not too bad, you big girls :074: :074: :074:

Wait till you get spiked by a fortesque, then you will have something to complain about.

Yowie.

They're called happy moments ironically because of the sting they can inflict :074:

Great feed! Agree with Yowie only a little tickle. Try playing with an Eastern Red Scorpion Fish(Red Rock Cod)Yowie, :074::074: M8 gotta laugh .Fortesque, i have been playing with the buggers for ages,deal with about 50/outing only between 20-40mm didnt know what they were! Havnt been done yet touch wood :thumbup: