SOLO MARLIN - WEDNESDAY 2012

winki

Wow... top effort.

Doesn't look a massive boat you're running there. I take it you've done this before- I'm sure it doesn't get old!?

Are you only running two lures?

Cheers

Tom

Hey Tom thanks buddy, I was using live baits at the time but used to run 3 rods when using lures..got a double hookup once but it was a bit chaotic with 3 rods...two is enough! If you want mate have a quick look at my other video on Utube, POLYCRAFT SOLO MARLIN. Cheers Matt

Awsome effort mate :thumbup::1yikes:

You seem very calm when you hook up . You have done this many times before haven't you?

Looks like u got a paternoster rig there is that how you got the marlin trolling that rig?

Thanks mate...I do try and get out as often as I can, it is the best thrill hooking a Marlin and waiting to see what madness is about to unfold, what ever happens I try not to panic.. I don't use a paternoster rig, it's just a down rigger sinker tied off on the snap swivel. Cheers

solo :1fishing1: ,underwater footage, 3 marlins all in one day. :1yikes: you are no doubt the envy of many :thumbup: sorta reminds me of Hemingways 'The Old Man and the Sea. ...very well done

Thanks Mate, I try and do the best I can... If you want check out my other video on Utube.. POLYCRAFT SOLO MARLIN. Cheers

inspirational! man thats awesome! What size engine do you have and how much fuel do you carry when you head out for marlin?

Hey Dicko, I have a four stroke 70hp Yamy and I only went out about 50km this time..used 35 litres all day 5am to 6pm. Tank holds 70 litres and I carry 15 litres spare,I have only used the 70 litres once when I headed out to Middle Canyon from Terrigal and had to come back into a 30knot southerly..it was a 88km one way trip and I left the shelf at 3pm and got to Terrigal boat ramp at 9pm, getting soaked all the way back.. have to take the good with the bad I guess. Cheers Buddy