Botany Bay 11/3/12

redpump

Hi everyone!

Another week out fishing today. We headed out to Botany Bay at 9am to catch some fish and squid, the tide was pretty high when we got to our rocks. My partner got some bait yesterday for our fishing today. I was trying to catch some squid with my new lure and techniques I received from Fishraider and Youtube, unfortunately, my lure eventually got stuck in some rocks and was lost :ranting2:. The area was a little to rocky for me to attempt catching any squid (my throw doesn't go very far).

We frequently got our lines stuck, which was very frustrating, and I eventually packed up my rod at 1pm as I was not getting any nibbles on my yabbies, let alone any bites :thumbdown:. At this point we were just relaxing under the shade while watching what the other fishermen were catching (small mullet looking fish). My partner had his rod set-up and stuck it in a hole in the rock platform (natural rod holders?) since 9.30am and at about 1.30pm his rod started being pulled and was nearly taken from the rod holder! My partner quickly reeled up his rod and caught a brown groper (48cm - 2.4kg) :1yikes:. He has been targeting groper since we started fishing, so we were super excited and jumping for joy at his catch :yahoo:.

He decided to try again for another Groper and I decided to try fishing again and set up my rod. Unfortunately, I was still met with no nibbles and no bites, my partner had no more takers as well. We went home and had the groper for dinner! It was absolutely divine :thumbup:

P.S. The rig he used was a Paternoster/Dropper Rig and the tide was 2 hours after high tide

My partner and his groper

419507_10150727227874680_639434679_11645697_166761754_n.jpg

Better view of the groper

420603_10150727227664680_639434679_11645696_1237898579_n.jpg

Edited by redpumpkin