MKR - Totally in love with it !

dhype

Minn Kotas Rule !

Yes... i recently got a 80LB MK Terrova with iPilot Gen2 for my Polycraft and can't speak highly enough of them! (thanks Huey and Stewy for their advice).

Intallation was simple in a polycraft and took about 1 hour all up... hardest part was lifting the 60kg of batteries into the boat!!

Anyway .. went out to test this

post-10545-053019600 1331812019_thumb.jpg

post-10545-003683800 1331812024_thumb.jpg

post-10545-047946200 1331812027_thumb.jpg

Ended up catching this!

post-10545-013063400 1331811996_thumb.jpg

post-10545-079682900 1331812003_thumb.jpg

post-10545-039692000 1331812010_thumb.jpg

post-10545-091698200 1331812015_thumb.jpg

Got a number of good flatties biggest going 75cm and she was fat as... BEEFCAKE!!! Released of course to fight another day.

The water in Botany has cleared up somewhat and the only lure producing was a 20 cent bright yellow one!!

Now... only have the Furuno 585 sounder to install then i'll try to "spot lock" the FADS and Peak with the Minn Kota... no more anchors! YEAH !

Cya all on the water

Trung

Edited by dhype

Top stuff mate!!! Well done :)

Looks good on the boat...

Dont' be offended but I'll add my two cents......Theres no way you will hold position with 'spot-lock' at the FADS or the Peak in any sort of current or wind greater than 5knots.....

The Minn Kota will try it's dammned hardest to hold you there.....but 80lbs of thrust aint gonna hold you offshore in a sea....

You can prove me wrong if you want! :) I'd like to see video of that motor holding postion outside.....if It does I'll get one!!!! :1yikes:

It's a weapon motor for inshore stuff though :)

Cheers,

Wacko.

Top stuff mate!!! Well done :)

Looks good on the boat...

Dont' be offended but I'll add my two cents......Theres no way you will hold position with 'spot-lock' at the FADS or the Peak in any sort of current or wind greater than 5knots.....

The Minn Kota will try it's dammned hardest to hold you there.....but 80lbs of thrust aint gonna hold you offshore in a sea....

You can prove me wrong if you want! :) I'd like to see video of that motor holding postion outside.....if It does I'll get one!!!! :1yikes:

It's a weapon motor for inshore stuff though :)

Cheers,

Wacko.

hey wacko

My boat is only 4.55m so i only head outside when there is little wind or no wind.... so chances are, the spot lock may work in these conditions if the current is not ripping through! lets see !

In any case it should slow down the drift enough to jig up a few kings or toss a live at the dollies... i tell you what the 80lb MK does have a fair bit of kick in it! :thumbup:

Trung

with a 585 you wont be releasing flatties anymore, theyll be cooked before they hit the deck.

I am trying to convince my mate who I own my boat with to upgrade our old Powerdrive v1 to this... He keeps talking about cost or something something :ranting2:

Nice...Must be good for chasing flatties?

If you don't mind the question, How much did it set you back including battery?

24v 80lb MK with built in transducer, ipilot Gen2, 2 x 100amp battery, 24v smart charger, quick release bracket, MK foot pedal, cabling, breakers and connectors... approx $3500

dhype was that subject intentional lol thought you were talking about the tv show! :074:

nice minn kota btw :thumbup:

hahahah! My wife forces me to watch that show too!

with a 585 you wont be releasing flatties anymore, theyll be cooked before they hit the deck.

I have a Lawrance HDS with structure scan for use in the flats/shallows... this is hooked up to the transducer that is built into the MK. The 585 will be for when i head outside in deeper water.

Looks bloody awsome. Oh nice flathead to by the way. Tuesday 2 squid one king. RAT. Thursday 6 squid 2 kings 80/ 71 in the bay water is slowly starting to clear up. Heading out for a jewie bash tonight might see you out there

Catch ya later

Luke

lol i thought my kitchen rules also haha.

Nice flatties mate i am really keen on an electric.

Can you get an electric motor in higher pound thrust than 80LM?

yes there is a 101 lb model and there is even more powerfull 36v ones... but that will need 90kg worth of batteries and at $400 for each battery it is not cheap.

Trung

arent the black ones only for fresh water, nice fish mate!

Rinse and spray of inox and it will be all good. plenty of ppl use the black MK in the salt.

most parts are the same between the black and white MK... different color, anode and a few other thing... could not justify the extra $200 (times are tough)

Now I have gone black I can't go back!

Trung

Yep

Minn Kotas definitely rule. I have 55lb one and it's brilliant!! I must admit when I bought it I was wondering if it was a bit of a gimmick but it's one of the most useful fishing tools available. Opens up a whole new area of possiblilities that aren't available when only using a petrol motor.

Reeltired

Should change my name to reel frustrated! When is this crappy weather going to nick off and give us some good fishing weather or at least some clean warm water to fish in?