Windang

Fab1

I spent a week fishing the lake in jan, we did well drifting at the end of the channel markers in the lake, there was lots of boats anchored but we seemed to do better drifting, caught plenty of the undersize snapper,bream,tailor but did get a number of 45cm flatheads and flounder and a 2kg occy foul hooked but havnt been down since then

I spent a week fishing the lake in jan, we did well drifting at the end of the channel markers in the lake, there was lots of boats anchored but we seemed to do better drifting, caught plenty of the undersize snapper,bream,tailor but did get a number of 45cm flatheads and flounder and a 2kg occy foul hooked but havnt been down since then

If you are talking about the area where the channel meets the lake, I drifted along there (never anchored) as a teenager (a long time ago) with live prawns I caught the night before, and caught plenty of flathead along that stretch, plus a few whiting and bream, and leatherjackets along the edge of the weed beds.

Heading over on Sunday. Hopefully get a good feed for dinner. BTW can we drop Hoop or mud crab traps near off the channel towards the Caravan park?

Yeah mate you can they must be still getting a few as there were a few pots out lastweek while i was out there

mik

I was there yesterday arvo for a couple of hours fishing the sand flats. Ended up with 7 flatties, most around the 35 cm mark, but had one girl go 75 cm or a touch more.

Lucky you... I reckon it was the Thunder and the rain..... yesterday was a beautiful afternoon....

Lucky you... I reckon it was the Thunder and the rain..... yesterday was a beautiful afternoon....

I went out in my Yak early yesterday morning and got 8 flatties between 38 and 45 on plastics, was having a ball until the wind came up

cheers

I knew i shouldnt have gone out in the rain... totally sucks for me....

Yes well you couldn't have asked for a better flattie fishing day than Saturday. Sunday did seem to turn towards the arvo, but then if your not fishing you're definitely not going to catch fish...

Are you guys picking up these flattie in the lake? Near the windang rd bridge (windang side) or somewhere special?

I was fishing the ocean side of Windang bridge. Used a few lures, but 2 inch nuclear chicken gulp did all the damage. I actually went there on Friday with my fly rod. Only got a tiny flattie and nothing else before quitting. It's bloody hard work casting when wading with intermediate line and no casting basket...