Port Hacking fishing well

Pongrass18ft

Hi Raiders

Enjoyed a nice fish last night. Hit the water at 7:30pm and headed to the deep water at the front of Yowie Bay. My mate was first in with his bait and was straight into the small Snapper which was keeping him very entertained while I was getting a jew rig ready baited with fresh squid as I knew we were in with a great chance tonight. Cast rod out and set the drag and it wasn't long until I was onto a fish. Feeling the head shakes I knew it was a jewie. This turned my mate into getting his big bait out :biggrin2: . So we both put out fresh squid and waited. Wasn't long and my rod went off again, this time being a nice Snapper measuring high 30's. We gave this spot another half an hour but all went quiet so we headed off up towards the channel of North West Arm. Here my mate managed to catch a nice fat bream measuring high 30's and I caught myself a nice blue swimmer crab on a whole mullet fillet which was out there in hope of another jew and also managed another bream before calling it a night at 11:30pm.

Chris

post-13990-089070000 1332714709_thumb.jpg

post-13990-048361500 1332714727_thumb.jpg

post-13990-065500800 1332714743_thumb.jpg

post-13990-045854800 1332714760_thumb.jpg

Hey Chris,

Long time no see or speak.

You must be very busy this summer with work as always.

And I know only night sessions are possible.

and short ones at that....but we gotta have our fishing fix don't we.

I can always count on you foe a jewie -geeup.

Whenever you get a slab of chrome-plated fish onto the deck, I feel like I want to get out there and give it a go...

But invariably when I get out there, I have to hit the bream - I'm just a bream-tragic....

Well done on a real seafood basket.

and we gotta catch up for a chat one of these days.....

Tony

Hi Raiders

Enjoyed a nice fish last night. Hit the water at 7:30pm and headed to the deep water at the front of Yowie Bay. My mate was first in with his bait and was straight into the small Snapper which was keeping him very entertained while I was getting a jew rig ready baited with fresh squid as I knew we were in with a great chance tonight. Cast rod out and set the drag and it wasn't long until I was onto a fish. Feeling the head shakes I knew it was a jewie. This turned my mate into getting his big bait out :biggrin2: . So we both put out fresh squid and waited. Wasn't long and my rod went off again, this time being a nice Snapper measuring high 30's. We gave this spot another half an hour but all went quiet so we headed off up towards the channel of North West Arm. Here my mate managed to catch a nice fat bream measuring high 30's and I caught myself a nice blue swimmer crab on a whole mullet fillet which was out there in hope of another jew and also managed another bream before calling it a night at 11:30pm.

Chris

Good catch Chris.

Had a fish myself this morning early off Lilli Pilli.

3 tailor to 42cm, 2 reddies to 38cm and dropped another at the side of the boat, and released a trevally about 35cm. Over the sand flats are large schools of sand mullet. Caught a couple under 30cm, but there are some bigger ones about. Plenty of surface activity, but appear to be frigates which were not interested in lures.

Dave.

Chris,

Nice catch mate its good to see the Hacking fishing well again.

Im thinking of heading to yowie bay during the week if your keen for a squid and fishing session let me know.

Cheers, Stan

Stan let us know when your heading out,will be up for a fish if not tied up with work.My work hours are different every day but squeeze in max. fishing to relax :thumbup::thumbup:

Chris.

Hey Chris,

Long time no see or speak.

You must be very busy this summer with work as always.

And I know only night sessions are possible.

and short ones at that....but we gotta have our fishing fix don't we.

I can always count on you foe a jewie -geeup.

Whenever you get a slab of chrome-plated fish onto the deck, I feel like I want to get out there and give it a go...

But invariably when I get out there, I have to hit the bream - I'm just a bream-tragic....

Well done on a real seafood basket.

and we gotta catch up for a chat one of these days.....

Tony

Hi tony :1fishing1:

Have done only minimal short trips of late.

Working as much as possible + looking after new bub(LUKE) :thumbup:

are you keen to have a fish one night at the hacking HOT COFFEE WILL BE ON BOARD :1yikes::1yikes:

Will definately come to b/bay for a fish with you when i start having saturdays free and weather is

good.

Chris.

Good catch Chris.

Had a fish myself this morning early off Lilli Pilli.

3 tailor to 42cm, 2 reddies to 38cm and dropped another at the side of the boat, and released a trevally about 35cm. Over the sand flats are large schools of sand mullet. Caught a couple under 30cm, but there are some bigger ones about. Plenty of surface activity, but appear to be frigates which were not interested in lures.

Dave.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Nice feed also dave really nice seeing the snapper show up around the high 30,s in size.

Let,s hope a few XL models come on the chew inside.

Chris.

Hi nathan

The jew was 78cm was shared between the two of us ,my half and the crab is main course tonight.