Sambo's Galore - Narrabeen Beach 15/04/2012

lostproperty

Went for a quick beach session with my mate and his kid off Narrabeen on sunday, heaps of salmon around he had landed 2 already by the time I got down there, after not long I was onto a monster - weed monster that Is ! False alarm !!!! Anyway I finally land one after switching to a ganged hook, he must have hit the pilly side on because he was foul hooked trough the eye, back in he went and my mate hooks up again and his kid starts bringing it in, it's a stingray ! Unlucky ! Gets it off and we see some bust ups out the back wade out to the shallow bank and casts BANG on straight away it's another salmon, I can seem to cast out far enough with my smaller rod and cheap crappy online shop braid line so I'm left feeding baby crabs my pillies

We gut the few we've kept and they're stomachs we're CHOCKAS with white bait, all super fresh as well ! One had 10 in there, greedy buggers.

Mate got dusted by something huge, took line like no tomorrow and snapped 20LB braid clean in Half, probably a big Taylor.

Got a pic but I'll have to try get it from my mates phone, overall a good morning. I normally never catch anything off the beach and mainly do it to enjoy the good weather so 1 sambo is a good result, next time I'll throw out a metal lure as my carbon rod would probably reached

Went for a quick beach session with my mate and his kid off Narrabeen on sunday, heaps of salmon around he had landed 2 already by the time I got down there, after not long I was onto a monster - weed monster that Is ! False alarm !!!! Anyway I finally land one after switching to a ganged hook, he must have hit the pilly side on because he was foul hooked trough the eye, back in he went and my mate hooks up again and his kid starts bringing it in, it's a stingray ! Unlucky ! Gets it off and we see some bust ups out the back wade out to the shallow bank and casts BANG on straight away it's another salmon, I can seem to cast out far enough with my smaller rod and cheap crappy online shop braid line so I'm left feeding baby crabs my pillies

We gut the few we've kept and they're stomachs we're CHOCKAS with white bait, all super fresh as well ! One had 10 in there, greedy buggers.

Mate got dusted by something huge, took line like no tomorrow and snapped 20LB braid clean in Half, probably a big Taylor.

Got a pic but I'll have to try get it from my mates phone, overall a good morning. I normally never catch anything off the beach and mainly do it to enjoy the good weather so 1 sambo is a good result, next time I'll throw out a metal lure as my carbon rod would probably reached

great to see narrabean firing, nothing beats a solid beach session :thumbup:

fished the rocks at mona vale sunday morning for snapper all we could get were bronze whalers mate landed four and i got one up to 1meter good fun on the alveys

peter

I was down there on Sunday and got on to a thumper salmon which

gave a good account of himself, until I had him in the wash right

at the beach and suddenly, it got sharked!! Took a big chomp out

of his side. There was a deep dropoff gutter parallel to the beach and that's where

the noah was.

So, yes, they are out there...or should I say right in there.

Damn now the rain is here. Ow well since seeing this I'm gonna keep a rod in my car with a metal lure just incase I see somethIng on the way home from work.

Do you think they will still feed on surface with all the fresh water?

Damn now the rain is here. Ow well since seeing this I'm gonna keep a rod in my car with a metal lure just incase I see somethIng on the way home from work.

Do you think they will still feed on surface with all the fresh water?

Probably not to be honest but you never know, keep an eye on the barometer usually they fire up over 1020 never caught anything when it's been below it

I was down there on Sunday and got on to a thumper salmon which

gave a good account of himself, until I had him in the wash right

at the beach and suddenly, it got sharked!! Took a big chomp out

of his side. There was a deep dropoff gutter parallel to the beach and that's where

the noah was.

So, yes, they are out there...or should I say right in there.

Where bouts were u fishing ? We were right off Waterloo street, we're u guys a bit further down ? Seems pretty etch that there were sharks so close, the SLSC came and set up the flags right in front of the school of sambos feeding !!!

Where bouts were u fishing ? We were right off Waterloo street, we're u guys a bit further down ? Seems pretty etch that there were sharks so close, the SLSC came and set up the flags right in front of the school of sambos feeding !!!

I was just left of the Sth Narra Surf Club. The surf club guys were passing in their buggy and stopped and saw the wounded fish around 4:30pm.

I went out down at sth Narra on the low Sunday night. i walked out for ages on a sand bank and casted into the deep. Landed a big 80cm Salmon and got sharked a few times too. Then the weed came in and there was no point in fishing any more.

Im off to south west rocks this weekend!!!!!!

Mushtaka

I hit Dee Why early this morning. Fished with yakka fillets and pillies at the southern end of the beach.

Just pickers before the sun came up, and then about 1/2 after sunrise on the rising tide, the tailor came through.

I picked up dinner as three tailor took my pillie on 3 ganged #4 hooks, and then switched to try to catch some whiting. Just one small one on worms, and no other bites as the tide came up to full at 9:30.

There is a huge current running north to south along the beach, and only 2-3 rips down at the south corner.

post-8116-077518300 1335053182_thumb.jpg