Botany Bay 15/4

quintrex480

Hi Raiders. This is related to the post submitted by Formosan (http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=62677)

We took 2 boats out on Sunday searching for Kings. Getting the squid was a little difficult for my boat as the current was running quite strong and I didn't have any heavy jigs, but Formosan had them jumping into his tank, he even had to offload some yakkas as he was running out of room for his squid :biggrin2: But as soon as the current slowed down, we got onto them as well.

We ventured outside and put them down on the DR, wasn't too hopeful as the sounder was quite bare and only ended up picking up a stinky salmon, so both boats decided to venture inside and DR around the drums. And that's when the action started, Formosan's boat was onto them whilst the only thing I was onto was bad luck, pulled hooks, line wrapping around anchor, rod tip breaking, I can still go on but you get the point.

Here is a quick video of the day, too bad the camera wasn't on Foromosan's boat, would have got actual footage of kings being landed. :biggrin2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocZfLQ3OL2w

Edited by quintrex480

mate - thats a cool video! Was it captured on a GoPro ?

I need to mount a video camera on my boat too so i can capture all the donuts I have been amassing as of late!!

See you out on the water

Trung

Awesome video boys. I always fish Botany Bay in my boat but can never find the squid. Do you have a preferred time you go to catch them. I think I know where to get them but just don't seem to find them. Any tips for a novice squid fisher would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Stacko

Awesome video boys. I always fish Botany Bay in my boat but can never find the squid. Do you have a preferred time you go to catch them. I think I know where to get them but just don't seem to find them. Any tips for a novice squid fisher would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Stacko

You will just have to wait for his Squid video which is in pre production stage.

I am co staring in it as I am told.. netting duties. :wacko:

Edited by Formosan

Cheers

Stacko

mate~ the preferred time to go is any time before quintrex and formosa turn up! If you see those two chaps at the squid grounds you might as well pack it up and head back to the ramp!

ie. set your alarm for 4am!

mate - thats a cool video! Was it captured on a GoPro ?

I need to mount a video camera on my boat too so i can capture all the donuts I have been amassing as of late!!

See you out on the water

Trung

hey mate, thanks. Was done on a Bullet HD 720P camera. But I do have the Go Pro Hero2 on order, so I'll get better quality videos.

Haven't been able to bump into you lately on the water, maybe this weekend?

mate~ the preferred time to go is any time before quintrex and formosa turn up! If you see those two chaps at the squid grounds you might as well pack it up and head back to the ramp!

:Funny-Post: ahahhah all this coming from the squidding king himself, we try to turn up to the squid grounds before dhype or else it's going to be a hard slog at getting them squid. :biggrin2:

Great footage bad luck on the pulled hook, better luck next timee :thumbup:

Top effort guys! Short and entertaining. :thumbup:

Can't wait for your squid vid.

To bad about the pulled hooks. That's fishn'

The pulled hook comes with fishing, sometimes you get them, sometimes you don't. But it was all the other bad luck that I had that day that caused me to :ranting2::ranting2:

1. Boat went over my line squidding and almost spooled my line (not mentioning any names, FORMOSAN! :biggrin2: )

2. Line wrapping around the prop, taking another sh!tload of line

3. Falling into the drink whilst trying to get the line off the prop and badly hitting my arms and legs on the engine.

4. Rod tip snapping

Edited by quintrex480

Need help with squidding, Just PM Dhype :) , I did. He is the squid king.

Thanks for putting me onto Berkley Jigs mate, they work great!

The pulled hook comes with fishing, sometimes you get them, sometimes you don't. But it was all the other bad luck that I had that day that caused me to :ranting2::ranting2:

1. Boat went over my line squidding and almost spooled my line (not mentioning any names, FORMOSAN! :biggrin2: )

2. Line wrapping around the prop, taking another sh!tload of line

3. Falling into the drink whilst trying to get the line off the prop and badly hitting my arms and legs on the engine.

4. Rod tip snapping

That's some serious bad luck there.

That will teach you to go for a sneaky squiddin session on Friday the 13th. :biggrin2:

but you did get a king in the end. Fair swap.

Need help with squidding, Just PM Dhype :) , I did. He is the squid king.

Thanks for putting me onto Berkley Jigs mate, they work great!

NO NO NO !!! The cat is out of the bag!!! :mad3:

The smelly berkley jigs are great... but I have discovered something even better now! The gun jigs to use in Botany Bay are made by #### in #### color! :1prop:

Blocking all PMs from now on !!! hahahah !!! :074:

See you out there this weekend boys !

DHYPE

NO NO NO !!! The cat is out of the bag!!! :mad3:

The smelly berkley jigs are great... but I have discovered something even better now! The gun jigs to use in Botany Bay are made by #### in #### color! :1prop:

Blocking all PMs from now on !!! hahahah !!! :074:

See you out there this weekend boys !

DHYPE

I was going to say Formosan, those berkley jigs are Trung's secret weapon.

He loves and swears by them Trung! I am yet convinced, my yamashita's still serve me well. But in saying that, I do have a bunch of berkley's arriving soon :thumbup:

Edited by quintrex480

I was going to say Formosan, those berkley jigs are Trung's secret weapon.

He loves and swears by them Trung! I am yet convinced, my yamashita's still serve me well. But in saying that, I do have a bunch of berkley's arriving soon :thumbup:

YOU GOT SOLD OUT TOO !!! hahaha !!!

We should compare squid jigs and see who has what !

Squid-off one day ?

(with all this plugging of berkley gear you think i was sponsored by them..... nudge nudge) :biggrin2:

Trung

Edited by dhype

YOU GOT SOLD OUT TOO !!! hahaha !!!

We should compare squid jigs and see who has what !

Squid-off one day ?

(with all this plugging of berkley gear you think i was sponsored by them..... nudge nudge) :biggrin2:

Trung

I've posted a photo of all my jigs already so you should know what I use :). I think everyone wants to see your gear now! Hehehe

Bring on the squid off!!! Winner takes all the squid! Hehe

Come on Pure fishing! :)

Comparing hmm...Why stop at just jigs? :074:

If you show me yours first.

Hey Formosan,

Are you going to compare rods as well?

or are you proposing a naked squid-off ?

Lol - you just kill me !

Put THAT on the video with a little pixelization around the loin area to keep it legal.

Tony...