La Perouse 24/4/12

pkat87

Hey raiders thought I post up a quick report from Tuesday..

With the sun shining and not a breath of wind on Tuesday morning, decided to take the yak out for a little fish. After hosing down all the cobwebs off the yak, rigging up 2 rods, and getting all the gear ready I was ready to leave by 10.30am. On the water by 11.30, I knew I had a few hours free on the water to do a little exploring and see if I could find some fish. Launched off the beach at la perouse and the first idea was to troll a hardbody as I made my way out to the channel marker to see if any kings were around. Nothing on the troll and no kings to play with after dropping a jerk shad around the marker. After that I decided to head back over to Molli point to check for any action. This took a lot longer than I thought as I was fighting against a racing current and in the blistering heat of midday. Finally when I arrived I took a little break to have some lunch and a drink. Soon after I dropped the soft plastic down and hopped it around the container wall for zilch. There were a couple boats about which didn't seem to be producing much either. I started to get that dreaded feeling of possibly heading home with a donut, and the heat of the day was really sapping my enthusiasm, I knew I should've woke up earlier and head out at dawn.. Anyway I decided to troll back towards la perouse and see if any flatties were about off the beach. As I was peddling back I looked over my shoulder and noticed masses of dark grey clouds coming from the west, with the faintest sound of thunder coming.. Great. Anyway by this time I was about 500m off the beach so I decided to drop a Gulp grub down to the bottom, after flicking the bail arm back over I immediately felt some weight, then a bit of line stripping off at a rather slow pace.. Great another snag, but then after I started to reel I felt a few headshakes followed by a decent little run! I became so excited I didn't even notice the clouds were right above me and I was soon getting pelted by rain. A few minutes later a nice fat 46.5cm lizard came to the surface and after a few tense moments with the net it was in the live well!.. I would've loved to stay out there but I couldn't see a break in the rain so I decided to peddle back content with the fact I had some nice fillets to look forward to for dinner. Of course once I packed up and hopped into the car the rain had stopped and the sun was breaking out.. Oh well I was happy with the flattie and it was good to get out for once, hopefully might have a chance again on the weekend..

Tight lines!

post-16624-022193100 1335412931_thumb.jpg

post-16624-045294300 1335412942_thumb.jpg

post-16624-013186100 1335412948_thumb.jpg