Schoolies or N.T fishing trip?

ryno_popey

So for the last month or two i've been saving up for the end of my HSC exams when I will head up to the Gold Coast for 6 nights of solid partyingv :yahoo: . however just recently the opportunity to head up to Darwin for a fishing trip has arisen and it's either schoolies or fishing...

I know for most people on this site this would be a no brainer but I was wondering if anyone here has had any previous experiences fishing up the top end and would like to share?

would help me decide :wacko:

mate thats easy! I love my fishing to death but NT will always be there, schoolies is a one off (two if ur a bit of a knob) opportunity. I went 8 years ago and it was the best time EVER! Iv also done a week on a mothership in NT and i would pick schoolies over it any day

mate thats easy! I love my fishing to death but NT will always be there, schoolies is a one off (two if ur a bit of a knob) opportunity. I went 8 years ago and it was the best time EVER! Iv also done a week on a mothership in NT and i would pick schoolies over it any day

I met my mrs at schoolies , 18 years ago. Not to put you off at all ;)

Once in a lift time

i went to byron bay last year, for schoolies its pretty loose and go get your own fish ;)

Thanks for the replies guys! :) i forgot to mention that all my mates are gonna be 18 and i'll be 17 at schoolies... I've decided to go up to Darwin, not only are my parents paying :thumbup: but I have about $800 saved up that I can now spend on a bit of fishing gear. I guess ill have to leave the partying for the clubs of Sydney once i'm 18 haha

Thanks for the replies guys! :) i forgot to mention that all my mates are gonna be 18 and i'll be 17 at schoolies... I've decided to go up to Darwin, not only are my parents paying :thumbup: but I have about $800 saved up that I can now spend on a bit of fishing gear. I guess ill have to leave the partying for the clubs of Sydney once i'm 18 haha

The way I see it is, Go to schoolies you'll get drunk and won't remember. Go to Darwin catch fish drink get drunk then won't remember. But seeing that your only 17. You made the right choice just leave out the drinking bit :1beer::nono::biggrin2:

Schoolies would be loads of fun, no doubt... But at the end of the day all it boils down to is, it's just partying, and you will get frequent opportunities to party... I did it all and now at 33 I'm all partied out.

I guess that's why i fish all the time.

Fishingphase

Edited by fishingphase

honestly mate, you dont want to be that guy who cant reminise in the stories etc years down the track......

go to schoolies, spew your guts up, wake up with regret.....

darwin will be there year after year.....

in my opinion, do the schoolies trip...... you'll kick yourself if you dont