Squid

Leonidis

Went out today and just targeted squid for a feed and stock up for the jew sessions. Thanks to me mate for giving me his tinny for the day and the tips. Nagged him all day on the phone when things got tuff, i reckon he thinks like a squid, was on the money every time. Hopfully some jew photos soon.

post-14864-053245500 1336635280_thumb.jpg

Edited by Snyder7144

Good effort buddy. Someone good gives you a helping hand is always effective. Comes to think about it, there used to be a guy that's on fishraider a lot he used to nail them squids. Haven't seen a report from him in ages.

Very nice. I went out from the shore at la peruse and got some beauties a well. Nailed my PB 38 cm hood! Water clarity was excellent and the conditions were the best in weeks. Geez they are tasty

solid effort , i havent been very persistant with squid. Was just wondering what kind of retrieve you do , slow reel with the odd flick ?

I am also wondering this. Just bought a few jigs and haven't had the luck I had with the old yakka on a spike.

Cracking effort , what area was that ? Botany bay ?

Nice squid snyder, awesome job!

If it was the Bay, then it explains why it took me ages to get squid today, and then I lost them to 1 snag whilst downrigging and a couple to stinkin salmon, oh wells, try again next week. One positive is I found a new squidding spot :).

Nice squid snyder, awesome job!

If it was the Bay, then it explains why it took me ages to get squid today, and then I lost them to 1 snag whilst downrigging and a couple to stinkin salmon, oh wells, try again next week. One positive is I found a new squidding spot :).

Can you please post the GPS location for the squid? :)

Can you please post the GPS location for the squid? :)

AHHAHA I am sure you would have come across this "new" location already. I am sure you would know ALL squid locations in the bay already! got to say though, those berkleys are pretty darn good!!!

maybe Snyder can maybe be generous enough to post his location's GPS hehehe :biggrin2:

Boat all good to take out tomorrow?

Edited by quintrex480

AHHAHA I am sure you would have come across this "new" location already. I am sure you would know ALL squid locations in the bay already! got to say though, those berkleys are pretty darn good!!!

maybe Snyder can maybe be generous enough to post his location's GPS hehehe :biggrin2:

Boat all good to take out tomorrow?

I wish i knew all the locations in the bay for squid.... i only know 7 or 8 spots :(

As for the berkley jigs? what did i tell you... the botany squid cream themselves over them! ( a stampede of people is heard heading to the tackle shops.. all berkley jigs disapear from the shelves...)

Visted Gary at Strickly Stainless today and he sorted out all the welding for me - total champion. The boat will be back on the water on Sunday if conditions are good!

Good effort buddy. Someone good gives you a helping hand is always effective. Comes to think about it, there used to be a guy that's on fishraider a lot he used to nail them squids. Haven't seen a report from him in ages.

Thats because he has been banned from the site if it is the person i think you are talking.

I hear you do alright to when it comes to squid:biggrin2: but why don't you mention his name:thumbup:

No doubt about his squiding skills George smashes them and your right about him thinking like one ;)

was it nessecarry to mention his name, Sorry if I offended you But Im not knocking him its was a compliment.

Edited by Groper

No doubt about his squiding skills George smashes them and your right about him thinking like one ;)

was it nessecarry to mention his name, Sorry if I offended you But Im not knocking him its was a compliment.

Thats ok brother he always sais you are a good bloke and yes your right i am very close to him as he taught me every thing i know, hopefully we se you on the water. Cheers.

Thats ok brother he always sais you are a good bloke and yes your right i am very close to him as he taught me every thing i know, hopefully we se you on the water. Cheers.

Yeah he is a down to earth bloke. Always got insightful stories and lessons to teach.