Eastern suburbs blackfish

Guest hawkesbass

Guest hawkesbass

Met up with royce again for another lesson in the art of blackfishing we met at 5am and planned our attack for the day we decided to go to the eastern suburbs ledges when we first arrived on the ledge we started to rig up while watching the conditions after thirty minutes we were ready to fish with myself on one ledge and royce on another ledge looking to see where the fish were holding after twenty minutes of kicking in berley i got a hook up and landed a fish in the mid thirty cm range and within two minutes royce was on to a fish in the same size range for the next twenty minutes my ledge resulted in no bites while royce was getting consistent bites so i moved to his ledge and first cast i get my biggest fish for the day in the low forty cm range then royce dropped a good fish at the edge of the ledge the fish would of been in the mid to high forty cm range for the next three hours we got consistent hook ups and landed 30 odd fish between us with royce leading the count we also dropped eight fish between us aswell we kept eleven fish for the table we left at lunchtime as the wind changed direction to the south and the swell had picked up on the rising tide so we went back to royces for a lesson on filleting fish thanks for the day out royce look forward to doing it again

Cheers trevor

65770f5b-7927-d39d.jpg

65770f5b-7942-06ce.jpg

65770f5b-799f-f97d.jpg

65770f5b-79de-b3de.jpg

65770f5b-7b02-530e.jpg

65770f5b-7b3a-fe05.jpg

65770f5b-7b9e-f013.jpg

Guest hawkesbass

Yes the wind got cracking real hard at the end as for the float well my mistake lost it

Good work boys. I was meant to go today but forgot I had a Dr's appointment, so missed out. Sent my 2 mates to where I thought they may get a few. They landed one and dropped five. Another fishraider was there as well, but names have been forgotten. The boys needed a landing net as that is when the fish were all dropped.

Hey Groper dont leave it to long as they were this thick same time last year with the luderick surface feeding as they were yesterday they then went off about 6 to 8 weeks later so they run the same way this year our best fishing has been thru February to now.

Hey stormy got caught up with a mate this afternoon so I'll give you a call tomorrow

Guest hawkesbass

Stormy your mates would of bumped into ddaniel he was out chasing a few today he kept five and a fair few more were dropped

Nice haul of blackies there. Royce rang me Sunday arvo & said that the both of you had

got amongst them. Shame I had previous commitments otherwise I would have joined you.

Hows the rod going Trev. It's good to see that it's getting some use again instead of

sitting in a corner at my place gathering dust.

Paul

Guest hawkesbass

Hi paul loving the rod nice and light and easy to use all day couldnt be happier with it

nice bag of blackies guys..

sounds like a cracker session :yahoo:

cheers..steve.....

Nice to see you blackfish boys all getting amongst them. Steve are you still fishing, had a new baby when we last caught up. Also a question for Royce, what rod have you got that trudex attached to ??

I haven't been getting out much but each time I have the blackfish have been thick, even managed a nice drummer last trip out.

Matt

hi Matt,

Good to hear from you, the rod is a 5.3 metre Japanese ISO rod they are graphite and telescopic lightweight yet very strong wit ha nice slow to moderate bend under load, you can hang onto them all day and keep yourself well away from the edge and hold the fish out. They come rated in a 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5 and 3. I use a 2.5 in a 5.3 metere config wil lalso handle drummer and big bream well.

Cheers

Royce

hi Matt,

Good to hear from you, the rod is a 5.3 metre Japanese ISO rod they are graphite and telescopic lightweight yet very strong wit ha nice slow to moderate bend under load, you can hang onto them all day and keep yourself well away from the edge and hold the fish out. They come rated in a 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5 and 3. I use a 2.5 in a 5.3 metere config wil lalso handle drummer and big bream well.

Cheers

Royce

I thought it might be, I should try one one day, I bought an Okuma Aventa in the 13.5 foot and wasn't that keen on it, really aren't built for knocking about the rocks, what are the ISOs like in terms of durability ? I'm pretty happy with my GP3145G but everyone seems to rave about the telescopics.

Matt

Hey Matt,

I find they are really durable the walls in the blank seem to be thick enough, what I did with mine was cut the fine tip back 4 inches and glue a new tip on its had a few knocks has the obligatory scratches etc and seems to be holding up okay. If you invest in one look to pay about $200 - $250 for one thta will stand up to it the cheapies seem to disintergrate under a good fish seen it happen a few times now! I use it whenmy old sportex gets a bit heavy on the arm! PM me if you want some more info.

Kingfisher,

not a spot I would readily recommend hence we did not name it but the ledge has a reputation for turning on huge numbers of fish consistently.

Cheers

Royce

Ha , that's funny Royce, I took 4 inches off the tip of my Okuma Aventa, only not on purpose, I looked at it and it fell off, IM7 etc has no place on the rocks :rollseyes: We should go for a fish sometime , then I can have a perve at the ISO.

Matt