A few squid and a couple of rats 18/5

quintrex480

Took the Mrs along this time and hopefully show her what it's like getting hooked up onto a hoodie, started the day a little late therefore the squidding was a little tough but after an hour we had a few of them in the live well. Headed out to the reefs and I did a couple of passes to sound it out and it wasn't looking too promising, the sounder was bare, not a spec, not anything, but decided to drop a squid down anyway. After a few passes, hooked up to a sambo, wife initially thought it was a king and her comment was "is that it?" :biggrin2: put it back it in the drink.

I then decided to use the day to go exploring to see if I can find more reefs, so I headed south, and kept heading south, before I knew it was outside of the hacking, kept on heading further and then the sounder came alive, some decent arches littered the lowrance and this reef was very impressive, and I was salivating. Quickly rigged up one of the squid and dropped it down, a couple of passes saw it being smashed up by pickers DOH! :ranting2: and then a couple of rats, I can't believe they are still this size, some yakkas are bigger than these guys, they didn't even break the elastic band! :biggrin2:

Cut up the big squid and dropped the head down, but nothing after several passes, decided to text Formosan to tell him of this reef I found, and it ALWAYS FREAKEN HAPPENS when you're not paying attention :biggrin2: , I look up and I see the rod out the back buckled all the way over, hit the throttle but then to only see the rod bounce back up :ranting2: . The wife was sleeping by the way so she had no idea what was going on, but I still blame her for not keeping an eye out :biggrin2: will definitely visit this reef again.

Getting quite late so headed back, on the way in, decided to sound out the stretch of water where the "Yellow" boat downrig's :biggrin2: and it was alive! fish everywhere, stripped up the hood, but on every pass it was just the pickers smashing it. The kings weren't interested, oh wells, until next time.

post-16665-068344000 1337603935_thumb.png

post-16665-022921100 1337603951_thumb.jpg

post-16665-058391300 1337603968_thumb.png

Edited by quintrex480

Bad luck man.. You cant have deckies falling asleep on you. :biggrin2:

At least you got some kingy action which is always good.

I went out the next day and found bonitos and had success trolling this Yo Zuri lure.

I nearly drove over Dhype's Marlin spread. Sorry about that I only wanted to say Hi.

Came back into the bay and saw Dan and 64cms King.

post-7044-002593600 1337607948_thumb.png

post-7044-067766000 1337607971_thumb.png

Hey buddy

Great to see you got out again, and thumbs up on finding another reef. I was out on Saturday not much happened other then a salmon and bream. Water temp seems to have dropped a fair bit in the bay? I was getting around 17 to 17.5 at molli but when I went around to the oil wharf I was just on 16! I wonder if that's turned the fish off a little??

I bumped into formosan while he just hooked up onto a kingy, would have been nice if it was a hoodie lol.

Hopefully get out this week might see you out there.

Cheers Daniel

Stalking cronulla now as well. Great to hear your mrs Is into the action too.

Nice work hopefully I can get a few squid and just one king on Friday, although their is forecast to be a bit of wind.

Cheers Luke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Plumb

So quintrex, you took home a donut? :lol: Whats going on buddy, my donut mojo must have rubbed off on you too! Keep at it!

I was out both days over the weekend and only scored 1x 85cm king on Saturday and a few squid.... tough going it was. As above mentioned, got mowed down by formosan when he came to say hi :biggrin2: all good mate I was bringing in the xraps anyway which scored a few tiny bonnies. You can came run over my lines anytime.

I took raider Aeroguard out on my poly on Sunday afternoon to show him the art of catching flatties on a proper boat, let's just say he was begging for mercy as I served him a good serving of whoop arse!!! Hahahaha!!! :074::074:

Trung

Edited by dhype

Hey buddy

Great to see you got out again, and thumbs up on finding another reef. I was out on Saturday not much happened other then a salmon and bream. Water temp seems to have dropped a fair bit in the bay? I was getting around 17 to 17.5 at molli but when I went around to the oil wharf I was just on 16! I wonder if that's turned the fish off a little??

I bumped into formosan while he just hooked up onto a kingy, would have been nice if it was a hoodie lol.

Hopefully get out this week might see you out there.

Cheers Daniel

Seems like I am missing out on meeting all the raiders, think I should plan a trip for a weekend next time. Yes, the water temp has definitely dropped inside the bay, but I was still getting 20-21 degrees outside.

Stalking cronulla now as well. Great to hear your mrs Is into the action too.

Nice work hopefully I can get a few squid and just one king on Friday, although their is forecast to be a bit of wind.

Cheers Luke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I've been hearing decent kings being caught further down south, so I'll definitely be trying the area again, yeah the forecast isn't looking too good past the morning on Friday heys? doh!

So quintrex, you took home a donut? :lol: Whats going on buddy, my donut mojo must have rubbed off on you too! Keep at it!

I was out both days over the weekend and only scored 1x 85cm king on Saturday and a few squid.... tough going it was. As above mentioned, got mowed down by formosan when he came to say hi :biggrin2: all good mate I was bringing in the xraps anyway which scored a few tiny bonnies. You can came run over my lines anytime.

I took raider Aeroguard out on my poly on Sunday afternoon to show him the art of catching flatties on a proper boat, let's just say he was begging for mercy as I served him a good serving of whoop arse!!! Hahahaha!!! :074::074:

Trung

HAHAhAHAHA yes it was a big fat DONUT! man out both days? you have a very very understanding wife! well done on the 85'er, good to hear that they are still around. I heard about Formosan wanting to steal your skirts hahahaha

what? when do i get an invite onto the poly? how did you go with the flatties? think I'll be heading back to the bream and flatties soon.

As a rockhopper Iam absolutely drooling over that ledge, I would love to fish that landbased. Top stuff, my wife and I like reading ur reports, but i suppose everyone does as well. Hope to bump into you one day, it would be good meeting you.

Edited by General Zod

HAHAhAHAHA yes it was a big fat DONUT! man out both days? you have a very very understanding wife! well done on the 85'er, good to hear that they are still around. I heard about Formosan wanting to steal your skirts hahahaha

what? when do i get an invite onto the poly? how did you go with the flatties? think I'll be heading back to the bream and flatties soon.

Mate you can jump on board the poly anytime for an arse whooping too.. It's just a phone call away.

As for the flatties, I brought 3 or 4 small flatties in on blades while areoguard managed a giant donut on plastics. They are around as we missed a number of hits. Only fished 2 or so hours for them.

Edited by dhype

Great work mate. Good to hear they are still around. That pic looks very familiar to me, I wonder?

Look out for the baby whales when in season around that area. I've noticed they come closer in south of the Hacking. My heart almost stopped the first time I saw one come up for air 60m or so in front of me. It was amazing and scary at the same time. :1yikes:

Mate you can jump on board the poly anytime for an arse whooping too.. It's just a phone call away.

As for the flatties, I brought 3 or 4 small flatties in on blades while areoguard managed a giant donut on plastics. They are around as we missed aumber of hits. Only fished 2 or so hours for them. O it's on it's on