Lures

Reeso

If you were just going to get one lure that worked pretty well in general for most popular saltwater estuary fish, which would it be? Im just after a general soft plastic or hardbody lure that can catch a range of fish on any given day, like flathead, bream, whatever.

Guest Jocool

This is a pre-emptive reply. :074: These are the answers you will get!

SX40/48

Bass Minnows

Hawgs

Bugants

Poo eater grubs

And my favourite.......2 inch Atomic Fat grub in Green Gord. :thumbup::thumbup:

3" watermelon bass minnows are my pick if I could only use one lure. They've accounted for bream, flathead, flounder, whiting, blackfish, snapper, kingfish, bonito, watsons, frigates, tailor, salmon, amberjack, jewfish, squid, cuttlefish, crabs, EPs, bass, slimies, yakkas, mullet, pike... and that's just this year...

56804[/snapback]

thats good enough for me! :thumbup:

I've still never tried lure fishing except for trolling kahawai but I'll keep a record of them 3" watermelon bass minnows..........however I'll prob have to fly over to get em. then maybe we could have a social so someone could show me how to use em :biggrin2:

3" watermelon bass minnows are my pick if I could only use one lure. They've accounted for bream, flathead, flounder, whiting, blackfish, snapper, kingfish, bonito, watsons, frigates, tailor, salmon, amberjack, jewfish, squid, cuttlefish, crabs, EPs, bass, slimies, yakkas, mullet, pike... and that's just this year...

56804[/snapback]

Thats a clincher if ever I saw one :1prop:

Guest hottuna
Has anyone caught BASS on a BASS minnow other than Andrew????

56817[/snapback]

Ive caught my biggest bass at 41cm on a 3in bass minnow in the nepean river, also a few to 36cm

dan

Has anyone caught BASS on a BASS minnow other than Andrew????

56817[/snapback]

Yea' Joe, bass luv 'em. Here's one that went 49.5cm, caught at Glenbawn last year on a Ginger Beer coloured BM...

Joe the pommy one :)

post-68-1120706771_thumb.jpg

If I could find one again I would say the Little dig lure.

These were a soft bibbed lure that had a real nice action a little like a tadpolly the bib was malliable aluminium and you could adjust the angle and get different depth and action. I caught heaps of flat head and bream on it in the lane cove river trolling from a canoe in the 80's. It caught heaps of bass in the nepean. It was always the first lure I tied on back then. sadly lost to a snag :05:

Now I am fast falling in love with the soft plastics paddle tails and the hawgs in watermelon.

Cheers

Trev

Fares are cheap as. Gives us another excuse for a social :thumbup:

Will do Pedro, look forward to doing just that to meet all you guys and to learn about these SP's.

.........and maybe sink a few :beersmile::beersmile:

In regards to the air travel, I have connections as I work for Air NZ remember :biggrin2: