Short soft plastic evening session

Hi mates.

Finally i get my firs soft plastic fish in Finland.

I did try soft plactic fishing with Stewy first time in Sydney 3 years a go (is it so long time allready??), and my firs softplastic fishs i get with Roberta. Last summer i did buy soft plastic fishing gears in here Finland, but i did`t try many times. Yeastarday i was testing my gears, and some new soft plastic lures and heads new place, where is quite strong stream, and quite deep, something between 5-9m. I get one hit yestarday 4.5" worm lure, but i did was so suprised for that, that fish hit my soft plastic, so i did lose fish just before when i plannning use net.

Ok. this eveneing 7.30pm, i start fishin same place only 1.8km from my home, near bridge, i did put new 2.5" fish soft plastic, only 10g head 1/0 hook, motor oil colour with some golden glitter. Third cast, and fish on. I was really suprising, that again fish on. That fish i get to my net, and my first soft plastic fish in home was tru, i was reeeally happy :yahoo:.

I did continue fishin, it was quite difficult, because i have not good touch jet for soft plactic fishin style, and it was little bit lottery when lure is bottom. About after 30min fishing, i did feel new hit on line, and again fish on..again use net, and second soft plastic fish was tru. I did think abaut it, that now is enough lucky for this day, and i did leave home 8.30pm.

But this fishing session did give hope, that i lears soft plastic fishing some day, and we can take some Flathead competition

with Stewy and Roberta :1fishing1:

Fishs was Kuha (english Zander) Firs one was 46cm, second 47cm and 870g. Now its wait for filleing, tomorrow i do some spicy fish soup.

btw, How many time i did wrote "soft plastic"? :biggrin2: Greetings: Jani

post-2019-048229000 1337717445_thumb.jpg

post-2019-007642200 1337717481_thumb.jpg

post-2019-031090800 1337717529_thumb.jpg

post-2019-099871400 1337717568_thumb.jpg

post-2019-086870900 1337717587_thumb.jpg

Edited by JaniFIN

well done Jani : )

... do they pull hard?

Cheers Stan

No, not pulling, it was so small, can grow allmoste 10kg. When they are ~3kg, then they are pulling. Water is still cold allso, only +5`c, so fishs are still little "frozen".

Well Done Jani :thumbup:

Great to see you having such great success so close to home. I must plan a trip to finland one of these days maybe during beaver hunting season.

I'm coming to! :biggrin2:

Well done Yani. Great to hear from you again.

Cheers,

Grant.

I'm coming to! :biggrin2:

Well done Yani. Great to hear from you again.

Cheers,

Grant.

Well come all fishraiders frends. I can organised some social meeting here.

Stewy, it was big for me, exacly it was my PB "kuha".

I was fishing same plase this evenening one hour, i just came to home.

This time i get only one small redfin perch, so like we say here, " i did not lose my balls to pan". If you get nothing, we say that it is "balls to pan trip". :biggrin2:

Congratulations on your first Soft Plastic caught fish, since your trip to Aussie, some years ago now!! That is terrific - there'll be no stopping you now!! No need for any smelly bait, either!!

They are a fine size, too, so you'll get a LOT of spicey fish soup out of them! biggrin2.gif

We are due an updated photo of your YOUNG Mr Janifin ...... no doubt you will get him into fishing some time soon, too!

All the best to you & Saija & the bub

cheerio

Roberta

Soft Plastic fishing is soooooo niiice :1fishing1: . Today again 1 and half hour fishing, 2 fish, Pike and zander, but they was "under age", and i send they back to mama.

Edited by JaniFIN

.. they was "under age", and i send they back to mama...... Well done, Jani - this Plastics fishing can become addictive!! I was out today as well & also caught 2 pike and a just legal bream!! It was very windy, but still fun!

Keep chucking those Soft Plastics & the bigger fish will come! biggrin2.gif

CHeers

Roberta

Plastics fishing can become addictive!!

Yep, it is dangerous, that addictive, i mean. Future week i dont know, can i fishing, i have tent by my security school, i try read. But how i can focus reading anything if is so nice weather? Water temperature is it allready +13`c, so bigger zanders is it more easy find, it is going bottom after mate (is it mate, when makes more fishes?). In in finnish lakes is regular +4`c bottom around year, evening they coming shallow water eating, 0-2m deep.

I was out today as well & also caught 2 pike CHeers

Roberta

What lookslike australian pike? Our pike is full "y" bones, neef make lot work when fileing boneless. I need put one nice Spicy fish soup recipes to Kitchen topic later.

I think about, that i keep "fishing diary" this topic, if i fishing evenings that same place.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jani

...looks like a sort of Walleye! ... Yes, and they are SLIMEY & SMELLY as well! We only use them as bait - live pike are great for catching big Jewies. THis one was caught on a gulp soft plastic, but they also love hard body lures as well. They will chase ANYTHING, even if weed is hanging off it!

post-2231-064249900 1338959995_thumb.png

I suppose you can eat them if you HAVE TO, but definitely not by choice!074.gifI suppose they would be OK in a soup, tho! I would think they would be boney, like your zanders! Pike have very sharp teeth & have cut thru my line before & taken off with $20 lures!!mad3.gif

Very rough weather here just now - huge seas (up to 12m swell!!1yikes.gif) and big winds - lots of trees down & major flooding down near the Victorian border & probably elsewhere now, too. :( Very cold just now too. Hopefully it will be over now - some friends are camping up here & lived thru the big winds & rain last night! wacko.gif

cheerio

Roberta

Edited by Roberta